I feel my age again

chris2b

Well after months of bumbling around on these forums and talking to doctors I finally had my HT done. I am two days post op and already excited to see the hair start growing. I'm probably alot younger then most people that have had there hair done, but I got 580 grafts done on my temple recessions. So far no pain at all, the procedure was completely pain free and even at two days post op, it's hard to notice that I had the surgery, with the exception of the stitches in the back of my head, but I did shave the back with a "2" before the surgery. My hairline still looks receeded a little bit, I took a very conservative approach, but is an amazing improvement to what it was like before hand, I hopefully wont have any shock loss, since the areas it was transplanted in only had peach fuzz, probably from using Rogaine. I didn't use graftcyte, but I am on proscar, rogaine and folligen so I cant wait for the next couple of months to go by. I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice about HT's and staying away from the big companies. I ended up getting it done by Dr. Harris, so far so good.

Well after months of bumbling around on these forums and talking to doctors I finally had my HT done. I am two days post op and already excited to see the hair start growing. I'm probably alot younger then most people that have had there hair done, but I got 580 grafts done on my temple recessions. So far no pain at all, the procedure was completely pain free and even at two days post op, it's hard to notice that I had the surgery, with the exception of the stitches in the back of my head, but I did shave the back with a "2" before the surgery. My hairline still looks receeded a little bit, I took a very conservative approach, but is an amazing improvement to what it was like before hand, I hopefully wont have any shock loss, since the areas it was transplanted in only had peach fuzz, probably from using Rogaine. I didn't use graftcyte, but I am on proscar, rogaine and folligen so I cant wait for the next couple of months to go by. I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice about HT's and staying away from the big companies. I ended up getting it done by Dr. Harris, so far so good.

Hey Chris2b,

Yes, I do believe I remember your posts when you were asking for recommendations in Colorado right? And at that time you were still establishing your consultations.

Very happy to hear of your positive experience with Dr. Harris as I recommended you to meet with him. Good thing you're on finasteride and also glad to see you are approaching this carefully and methodically especially since you are young as you stated.

Now the fun begins, the growth! Keep us all in the loop and happy growing. icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Chris congrats and best of luck. THere are 2 thoughts on being conservative early on in hairloss-- some say you should wait until furhter MPB or hairloss then do 1 big megasession-- others say start early and stay on top of it with HT, Propecia/Rogaine, meds as you progress through life--the benefit is you never really go bald but you have to have multiple HT with more scar tissue which limits some donor selection. SO it is a personal choice, I am like you and was proactive but conservative in my 20's-- Yes, I had further loss which I've had several more HT but for never going totally bald because of being proactive, I would choose the same route again.

Best of luck and hopefully with meds, you will not have any further hairloss, if so, just stay on top of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

I can't say how much I know where you are coming from when you say that you feel your age again. Post-op, I too, feel my age once more (though I may act a bit younger icon_biggrin.gif).

It's great to hear that recommendations from the forum influenced your decision on where to have a great hair transplant done. That, coupled with your diligent research, has me confident that you made a good decision!

Can't wait for the updates!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog