Live Surgery Workshop in Orlando?

Hi All,

I understand that every Spring there is a live surgery workshop in Orlando, FL. It seems to be cosponsored by MHR and the ISHRS with Dr. Leavitt serving as host. What a big coincidence as this is where the corporate headquarters of MHR is!

The list of attendees and faculty reads like a whos who of the industry, both independent and chain affiliated. Many of the practitioners are recommended on this network and a few that aren't are frequently discussed on it.

Pat did you go this year and if so, did anything noteworthy transpire? Is this a worthwhile venue or a form of PR?

Phil

Hi All,

I understand that every Spring there is a live surgery workshop in Orlando, FL. It seems to be cosponsored by MHR and the ISHRS with Dr. Leavitt serving as host. What a big coincidence as this is where the corporate headquarters of MHR is!

The list of attendees and faculty reads like a whos who of the industry, both independent and chain affiliated. Many of the practitioners are recommended on this network and a few that aren't are frequently discussed on it.

Pat did you go this year and if so, did anything noteworthy transpire? Is this a worthwhile venue or a form of PR?

Phil

• Administrators

Phil,

As you might imagine, Dr. Matt Leavitt of MHR is no big fan of this discussion forum. He's made that clear to me on a number of occasions.

He also seems to control who can attend this annual workshop. Therefore when I have asked to attend he said it was too full.

I suppose I could "crash" the meeting. But instead I've put my efforts into organizing our own free Coalition weekend live surgery workshops. These intimate and free meetings hosted by leading clinics doing truly state of the art ultra refined follicular unit grafting have been well recieved.

To view highlights from the past two such meetings at the Shapiro Medical Group in October and the Charles Medical Group in February.

I do plan on attending the big annual ISHRS meeting in San Diego this coming October. I will certainly share highlights on this forum.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 month later...

Pat,

I read an article on Dr. Leavitt in the Spring issue of Mens Vogue. I was just wondering as to why he isnt a fan of this forum and why he is so revered by many celeberities ?

• Administrators

ogph,

In my opinion, the media is pretty much for sale these days and most feature writers are too lazy to do any research and largely "write" (more like rewrite) the press releases they are fed (i.e. the Men's Vogue article being a perfect example of this - click here to read a topic about this Vogue article).

For those seeking real reports by actual patients of Dr. Leavitt or MHR I suggest clicking on the "Find" button on this forum and searching by "Leavitt" or "MHR". I think those who do their research will find that these actual accounts do not mirror the PR buzz in the general media. This will also help explain why MHR and Co are not fans of this forum or any forum that enables such patient experiences to be shared.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Pat I think you are right on the money here. I doubt the writers of many shopping mags do any more research into their articles then just reprint ing the contents of the glossy brochures they are sent in the mail. But because this is a life changing decision a lot of us have put in many more hours of research than the writers ever would. I do feel for the vulnerable uninformed people that fall victim to these commercial exploits - they are usually worse off for having read these articles.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

thanks guys, just went through the previous topic on the subject. Its a shame Mens vogue chose him to be teh spokesperson for Hair Transplants and didnt do enough research on him.

Did the editor ever write back to you Pat on the quality of their shoddy research ?

• Administrators

"Did the editor ever write back to you Pat on the quality of their shoddy research?"

No excuses were even offered :-) But why should they - it's not like an online forum where the readership can hold you accountable.

My Hair Loss Blog