Hairline to Low....Help!!!!!

Why do you think your hairline is too low - in other words, what makes it look not right. How did you end up with a hairline too low (i.e. didn't the doctor warn you)? How old are you? was your transplant follicular units only? And how long ago was it perfomred

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

The hair line is to low because it is too straight across with only a very little recession in the temple area. I am thirty years old and think it is to low for my age now, nevermind years down the road. I had 2 sessions. The 1st was 2100 grafts 9 months ago and the second was 800 grafts 3 months ago. All were follicular units. The second session I had the hairline lowered because it looked very sparse but now realize it shouldn't have been lowered, instead the forelock area should have been filled in behind the hairline. I am having a nervous breakdown and am wondering what my options are for removal? Can they be removed and placed elsewhere? If not, what about laser or elecrolysis or?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

there are many solutions.

You may have a forehead lifting with skin moving, and scar ( really thinner ) in the top.

Other solution is the use of electric epilation ( blend system ) in every hair. You will need about 15 sessions and at least 1 month between them.

Diode light sheer laser or alejandrite or rubi laser, to remove hair.

hope this helps.

IF IT ISN'T PERFECT, ISN'T GOOD

Hi all, I'm new to posting on this forum, but am a veteran when it comes to hair and hairtransplants. Some may recognize my username from thebaldtruth.com. Anyway to ad my two cents about hairlines to low and adjusting them. Laser is a possible option, but I wouldn't say the best option. They don't have a laser out there that can pin point each individual hair. Instead, when they do hair removal with lasers, the laser blast a section of hair about the size of a dime. To my knowledge that is the smallest they can get it. Also it won't get rid of the hair completely. You'll have to have it done several times. With each time the hair growing in thinner and thinner til it's completely gone. Electrolysis can pin point the individual hair, but I hear it's very painful, and again will require several follow ups until the hairs doesn't grow back. Plucking the hair is also another solution, but I don't know how many hairs you'd have to pluck to get your hairline to where you want it to be. Also plucked transplants will grow back. 4 years ago I had a transplant with mini and micrografts on my hairline. My solution to make them look natural is by plucking the 2 and 3 hair grafts along the hairline to make them seem like individual units. This works great for me, and no one has been able to tell I've had a transplant. But every couple of weeks I'm there infront of the mirror plucking the new hairs that sprout. My suggestion to you is to talk to Dr. Bernstein. I feel a procedure like FUE with the 1mm punch that they use to remove individaul hair follicules can correct your low hairline. If you go to NewHair.com they have a video on the FUE procedure. If this procedure can extract single follicular units from the back and leave virtually no scar, then they should be able to do it to a hairline that is to low. Even if a very small scar is left behind. You can then opt for laser skin resurfacing, and you should come out looking absolutely normal. I know Dr. B has already corrected people who have had hairlines to low. So I suggest you call him. I hope this helps you and anyone else in this same situation.

Mr. Hair

If destroying the hairs is not a concern then I would consider raising the hairline by removing the grafts with a laser.This can be very successful and if done correctly will not leave scars.Some of the hairs may miniaturize providing a very natural transition.

Patients with dark skin may have some pigmentation problems depending on the laser utilized. It is also important to avoid tanning before and after treatments.

The laser systems work best with dark colored hair as the laser wavelength is selected to be absorbed by melanin (pigment).The most effective lasers seem to be diode lasers or alexandrite lasers

Blond, grey or white hair is difficult to treat

We recently did this for a patient who had a very "pluggy" hairline. He was also scheduled to have additional grafting to make the hairline more natural. He was extremely pleased with the results; so much so that he felt the we had achieved the natural appearance he wanted without having to do any more grafts

Alternatively one could remove the follicular units surgically (probably with a small punch)and reimplant them in another area. There may be a potential problem with scarring.

.It may also be possible to perform a forehead lift and remove the grafts in an excision. A scar would be created but I believe that it could be minimal. A sufficient number of grafts could be placed in the scar and in front of it for camouflage

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians