Procedure with Dr. Rose at Shapiro Med.

Had a procedure with Dr. Rose yesterday. OUTSTANDING!!!!. I went to Bosley a year before. Anyone considering a transplant should at least check these these guys out.

Had a procedure with Dr. Rose yesterday. OUTSTANDING!!!!. I went to Bosley a year before. Anyone considering a transplant should at least check these these guys out.

No problem.

I too have heard that Harris is very good and well respected, as is Rose.

Really the two reasons I'm doing it with Rose are: 1) $4 per FU instead of $7, 2) going to my parent's place for recovery and Christmas.

My research shows Harris and Rose are both top notch doctors. I might as well save some money (this amounts to about $4000 for me, not trivial) and still see a top doctor, I figure.

Reply to Vocor1

I went to Dr. Harris for my 2800 FU procedure in Feb. You are correct. He is an excellent Dr. and I would consider him on par with Shapiro's group and the rest.....

I will have to admit after reading these post's that his price does seem to be higher than most of the HIGHLY recommended Dr's on this site. I new that going into my session. But at that time, I new he was a good Dr., I did not want to travel to have this done (which ended up being a good thing) and my attitude was "money should not be an issue for this type of decision).

-Midnite

Yeah, I don't doubt Harris' skill or quality. I figured since I'm travelling anyway and the doctors are both well documented and respected, I might as well save cash too.

But you are right, cost should not be the prime motivating factor. Cost doesn't necessarily correlate to quality too, as this forum has discussed.

You will be in great hands!

I had a procedure with Dr. Rose

in July. Everything is going great.

Little hairs are starting to sprout.

The waiting is the hardest part.

Thanks again everybody for the vote of confidence. People are echoing things I've already heard that are very positive. I know I'll be in great hands and will achieve the best result possible for my hairloss case.

BTW, mona772, glad to hear that the FUs are starting to grow out now! Some of your posts on Dr. Rose were really the best "advertising" he could hope for. Well, really the advertising was done by how he treated patients like you. Thanks for the posts.

I have no problem with patience. I know that it is all there waiting for me. Just hoping to avoid the shock loss for the most part. Hoping 6 months of finasteride will help me avoid that battle for the most part.

Knowledge is Power.

It's no problem.

Actually, I've yet to talk to Dr Rose. I've talked to Matt Z a couple of times and sent him some hi-res picts of my hair and hairline.

After talking, we estimated 1500 FUs. I'm Norwood 4, and have the exact hairloss pattern as my dad. I think this is good, because if you look at his hair, then you can probably tell where I'll be heading in the future sans HT.

I have thining on the crown that finasteride is "apparently" taking care of from my layman's eye. The hair will be placed on the frontal region. My goal is not to lower the hairline so much, as to make it not so recessed and fill in the frontal core which is thining.

My goal is filling the frontal core and establishing a hairline that is not lower, but not so obviously recessed. I've got a "young face with old hair". I'm very optimistic about the operation and the eventual results.