Dr.Ivan Cohen ??

pdm68

Pat ;

I am a "former" patient of Dr.Cohen.I find it VERY HARD to believe that you have placed him on a recommended list of doctors to use.I had my 1 and only procedure with Dr.Ivan Cohen in the early 90's when I was approx 22 years old !! I still to this day don't have a clue on how many Mini to plug type grafts he gave me.Over the years my hair grew thinner.I again chose to look on the internet and to have another consultation with Dr.Cohen.The part of the NO FEE Consultation is a falsehood at least for MINE it was.Dr.Cohen stated to me "I can give you the same amount of grafts you had last time".He never named a number and to this day I still don't know how many I had.He also gladly billed my Bluecross for my "CONSULTATION".This consultation was maybe 97-98.Dr.Cohen hadan't even mentioned "Follicualar Unit".I had consultations with 2 other respected doctors and both said that the work he did was fair to ok BUT grafts were pitted.

This guy claims he's the first doctor in Connecticut to use Follicular units.He's made that statement just recently in the past few years.

Trust me on this one guys ----I live about 20 minutes from his office and I choose to fly to San Antonio Texas for my work !!!

Pat ;

I am a "former" patient of Dr.Cohen.I find it VERY HARD to believe that you have placed him on a recommended list of doctors to use.I had my 1 and only procedure with Dr.Ivan Cohen in the early 90's when I was approx 22 years old !! I still to this day don't have a clue on how many Mini to plug type grafts he gave me.Over the years my hair grew thinner.I again chose to look on the internet and to have another consultation with Dr.Cohen.The part of the NO FEE Consultation is a falsehood at least for MINE it was.Dr.Cohen stated to me "I can give you the same amount of grafts you had last time".He never named a number and to this day I still don't know how many I had.He also gladly billed my Bluecross for my "CONSULTATION".This consultation was maybe 97-98.Dr.Cohen hadan't even mentioned "Follicualar Unit".I had consultations with 2 other respected doctors and both said that the work he did was fair to ok BUT grafts were pitted.

This guy claims he's the first doctor in Connecticut to use Follicular units.He's made that statement just recently in the past few years.

Trust me on this one guys ----I live about 20 minutes from his office and I choose to fly to San Antonio Texas for my work !!!

• Administrators

PD,

You have been a long time contributor to this forum and have established a reputation in my view of being credible and reasonable. Therefore your post regarding Dr. Cohen is of great concern to me. Patient input, the good and the bad, is a very important, if the not most important criteria by which doctors are eventually chosen to be recommended on this site.

This is the first negative comment I have ever heard regarding Dr. Cohen. By all recent accounts and on examaning his current results, his practice does impress me as being state of the art. I hope that upon looking into this matter that Dr. Cohen's work has evolved significantly since the early 90's and is now what it appears to be. Remember after all, that FUT has really only established itself over the past few years.

Please email me directly at pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com If you can provide me with a phone number I would greatly appreciate it. Also for clarification - did you have only one procedure with Dr. Cohen in the early 1990's?

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat ;

I emailed a phone number and filled in some of the blanks for you on my first post.

To let everyone else know --I had one procedure at 22-23 years of age with Dr.Cohen.I didn't again see him untill aprox 96-98.I was prescribed propecia by him and I never returned to him again.He did charge me via my Bluecross.

The surgeon who I had the consultation with was Dr.Beehner.He has pictures of my head back then and I have pictures of my head pre Febuary when I had 1500 FU's by Dr.Brad limmer.

Dr.Cohen never mentioned Follicular Units to me in my last consult.

I also asked pat if he could ask Dr.BL LImmer what year Dr.Cohen learned Folicular Units under him.

And here's something I forgot to include in my email to Pat:

I am willing to sign a "release" so that Pat can review my file from Dr.Cohen.