Propecia dosage

Truth Seeker

AY-

I understanding what you are saying, kind of a "loading dose", eh? I think I have heard of others trying this, but, since it is something you'll continue taking over time I think I'd just stick with the plan you're going to use over the long haul. If you want to try it, I'd ask you Doc their opinion on it.

Try not to psyche yourself out about the shed..........some experience it but many don't. Maybe you'll be one of the fortunate ones and skip it icon_smile.gif! In any case, telogen (resting) phase only lasts for 6 weeks then it should start coming back.

As for "faster" hair growth for native hair (not new HT hair), some have used MSM which you may give a try............as a bonus it's good for the joints.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a complicated question and I would always recommend that you talk to your doctor. We do not prescribe 1mg finasteride at all. We do Prescribe 1mg Propercia or 5 mg finasteride. These are small pills and the part you have to understand is that they are not designed to be cut so there aren't any scores on them. What that means is the medication is not equally distributed. The difference in generic vs brand is the initial testing was all done under the brand. When the patent runs out, generics become available.the "fillers" are different, therefore the vehicle of absorption can be different. The 1/2 life for this medication is only 6 hours, so metabolized fairly soon BUT the peak doesn't come for 72 hours.... hense the change in dosing. If you look at the actual statistics there is very little difference in the efficacy with less frequent dosing but potentially less chance of side effects and of course less expense!

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley

Carolina Dermatology Haircenter

Charlotte, NC

• 2 weeks later...