The Mohawk

Hi,

Been thinking about the thinning hair for years. Came in hear and did a search for Mohawk:

notgoing2gobald

Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Posted December 05, 2007 08:07 PM regarding "weighting": I personally think thats nuts! I can't believe docs do that. So, what if MR.T went in during the 80's and said..."Look, fool! This is how I wear my hair. Put 10K grafts in my mohawk and no where else!!!"...Who is to say they will have the same hair style later?

The above Mr. T profile is me. It's been some 15 years since I've been able to have a mohawk. My head has been pretty much shaved since then. The one thing I'd want is to be able to grow a mohawk again. I didn't wake up with this idea yesterday - I aint changin (except for my hair?).

So yeah, all I really want is hair where the mohawk goes - any docs out there game enough to do this?

Hi,

Been thinking about the thinning hair for years. Came in hear and did a search for Mohawk:

notgoing2gobald

Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Posted December 05, 2007 08:07 PM regarding "weighting": I personally think thats nuts! I can't believe docs do that. So, what if MR.T went in during the 80's and said..."Look, fool! This is how I wear my hair. Put 10K grafts in my mohawk and no where else!!!"...Who is to say they will have the same hair style later?

The above Mr. T profile is me. It's been some 15 years since I've been able to have a mohawk. My head has been pretty much shaved since then. The one thing I'd want is to be able to grow a mohawk again. I didn't wake up with this idea yesterday - I aint changin (except for my hair?).

So yeah, all I really want is hair where the mohawk goes - any docs out there game enough to do this?

MOPP,

Welcome to our forum community.

This is an interesting concept. It certainly can be done but the question is whether or not you'd want to keep that hairstyle for the rest of your life.

An additional problem to consider is that with strip surgery, you will have a linear scar going from ear to ear which will most likely prevent you from shaving the sides and back of your head too short without revealing the scar. FUE may be an option but is not only more expensive but is a bit less consistent. Scarring on the sides and back of your head would still be present, though different. Shaving your head down to the skin would most likely reveal FUE scarring as well.

Just some things to consider.

Bill

no, i'm not Bspot. Does Bspot have a hawk? icon_wink.gif

thanks for the info Bill. Funny thing is I wouldn't care too much about the scarring.

I am serious about this though. I guess since I'm in the Balt/Wash area I'll take my case to Dr. Vogel and see the expression on his face. icon_biggrin.gif

• 5 months later...

The way i see it if your paying thousands and thousands of dollars and thats the hair style you like and want then why the hell wouldn't a doc do it?

People will give you a hard time about having a hawk for life. Cause it's not the norm. Well take a trip to L.A. or NYC sometime people and you'll see 60 year old punkers and goths that haven't changed their style with age and won't icon_smile.gif

Different strokes for different folks!