A friend asked me a question I did not know how to answer

With my sutures out (14 days) and my hair trimmed it looks like I have a short hair cut. Today a friend asked me what would happen if somebody did not know I had a HT just came up and rubbed my head in a friendly manner. I said well I would break that persons hand but I think things would still be OK with my hair grafts. She seemed doubtful of my answer. Was she right or was I right?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

With my sutures out (14 days) and my hair trimmed it looks like I have a short hair cut. Today a friend asked me what would happen if somebody did not know I had a HT just came up and rubbed my head in a friendly manner. I said well I would break that persons hand but I think things would still be OK with my hair grafts. She seemed doubtful of my answer. Was she right or was I right?

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

My hair was trimmed at the recipient area and some other areas by the doctor. I'm not trying to cover the scar since I work from home. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego,

At 14 days, there is no concern about losing grafts so they can rub your head as much as they like.

But I actually had something similar to me happen during the first week. Somebody designed to hit me on the top of the head with their palm when i was wearing a hat. I flipped on them. Mind you, they had no idea I had anything done, but why in the world would you smack someone on top of the head anyway? Funny how it never happened any other time in my life - only in the first 7 days after a hair transplant.

Thankfully, all was well and there was no damage.

Bill

I will try to figure out how to do the picture deal on here sometime today if I find the time.

Dr Rahal only clippered some areas (recipient area and the areas around it) but not my whole head.

Dr Rahal gave me permission to have the rest of my hair groomed after I got my sutures out. I wanted to do that so that my hair did not look all sorts of different lengths.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

my bald head was always getting slapped before the ht,this continued after the ht aswell.

i can tell you now all my new hair grew,and my so called friends would insist it was their slaps that gave me such quick growth...tossers! icon_rolleyes.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Originally posted by Eman:

Thanks for posting the pics...you look 100% better with it trimmed!

How was suture removal? And sleeping at 45 degrees?

The suture removal was easy. Sleeping is a lot more comfy with the sutures out. It cost me $89.

I listened to the doctors advice via 45 degrees and my swelling went away fast. What I would do during the day/night before bed was take the chair in the hotel and lean it against the night stand at a 45 degree angle. Then I would just watch TV.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

14 days post op, you would be ok--as long as they didnt dig their finger nails into your scalp! You do want to keep the area sterile the first 10 days, but I've always been conservative 3 weeks to be safe