Dr. Tessler in Michigan

organic

I don't have any comments on Dr. Tessler, but I recommend that you do as much homework as possible before your consultation. That way you'll be able to ask good questions, and not so many basic questions like 'does it hurt'. Time in a consultation is usually too short, and it's easy to forget to ask things you wanted to ask. You may even want to take some notes along with you, if you have a long list of questions.

Consider your appointment a 'fact-finding' mission and tell yourself you will not make a snap decision on surgery, while you are there. Some guys get nervous during the consultation and that may help.

I would read everything on this website, including the articles in the Hair Transplant Articles section (formerly known as the Research Library section of the site). The more you know, going into a consultation, the better. And usually the better doctors appreciate an informed patient.

If you have a favorable experience see if your doc can help introduce you to local patients, so you can see examples of his work (not just photos, and not just guys who work in the office). Hopefully these are guys with similar characteristics as you have... similar age, similar amount of hair loss, similar hair characteristics, etc.

My #1 question is probably "can you give me a long-term plan?" Know how many surgeries you'll need, how many grafts you'll need, what about preventative strategies, what is your hairline he proposes, etc. In other words, it's a big question. Avoid a doctor who just wants to 'get started' and "lets worry about the next steps, later on down the line". You want to have a general plan and know what to expect long term (no surprises). For example if you're going to need 3 or 4 surgeries and max out your donor supply, know that BEFORE you get started with your first surgery.

Hope that helped...

I

I have a consultation with him coming up next week...Can anybody give any feedback ?

I HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH DRS. TESSLER & ARONOVITZ. I DID MY HOMEWORK AND SELECTED THEIR CLINIC BECAUSE I HAD THE IMPRESSION THEY WERE THE BEST IN THE AREA.I WAS RIGHT.THE PROOF IS IN THE FINAL RESULT & I'M VERY HAPPY WITH HOW MY HAIR TURNED OUT. I'VE NEVER EVEN HAD ANYONE SAY THEY CAN SEE THOSE HORRIBLE PLUG HOLES. IN FACT, WHEN I TELL SOMEONE I'VE HAD HAIR REPLACEMENT, THE'RE SURPRISED.I DEFINITELY

RECOMMEND DR.TESSLER.

I was pleased enough with my experience with Dr. Tessler that I just had a second transplant last week. I agree with the other poster about getting all your questions together, but also listen to the doctor, and consider his opinion, because he has done this for many years and knows what will look natural. If he tells you that you are trying to bring your hairline too far forward, than you should probably listen. Ultimately he will do whatever you want, but I think you should also consider what he suggests along with what you are thinking that you want.

I'm a TV news reporter who has trusted Dr. Tessler with two hair transplant procedures. I was thrilled with the results and recently scheduled a third one.

Dr. Tessler has a solid reputation in the industry and has done procedures on other television personalities/newsmen as well.

In the initial consultation, he was forthright in what he could do for me and what I should realistically expect and then he delivered.

His staff has always been caring, comforting, discreet and professional.

I suggest you take the great advice offered by "arfy" and do your homework but I do not hesitate to highly recommend Dr. Tessler.

I had a hair transplant that was performed by Dr. Tessler and I have absolutly no regrets. In my opinion the proceedure was painless, so much so, that I slept through most of it. You just lay back in a fairly comfortable chair, considering it's for medical use, watch the television show of your choice or bring in a movie of your own. The nurses were very professional and at times a bit comical. As far as post op issues go the incision was a bit sore but only if you laid directly on it otherwise it was just a little uncomfortable.

The frontal portion of my head where the 990 graphs were transplanted had minor scabing and weren't noticeable to any of my co-workers.

I would highly recomend Dr. Tessler and his staff for this prcedure. Overall, I am very happy and anxiously awaiting the growth of my new hair.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here but thanks for the info. on Dr. Tessler. From the postings he is obviously a good HT doctor. I had an HT on 9-3-2004 from Bosley in Chicago. I feel that Dr. O'Hare was very experienced even though most forum members hate Bosley. Oh well, time will tell. No problems yet. I seem to be experiencing the normal type of HT progression.

Small scar, no bumps, etc. However, I did have some shockloss. Just waiting to see how it all turns out.

I had 2210 grafts placed into my old 5A scalp.

Anyway thanks for the info. on Dr. Tessler. He appears to be a very good HT doctor.