Surgeons in Toronto area

Dirge

...I am soon to be a third timer...had my first round of surgeries in 1980/81 and then one session in 95...now researching a new surgeon who is up to date on the latest techniques, particularly when it comes to a natural hairline...Unger was my pevious surgeon...have consulted Dr. Cotteril and was to see Mackenzie but his office cancelled. Any other suggestions?

...I am soon to be a third timer...had my first round of surgeries in 1980/81 and then one session in 95...now researching a new surgeon who is up to date on the latest techniques, particularly when it comes to a natural hairline...Unger was my pevious surgeon...have consulted Dr. Cotteril and was to see Mackenzie but his office cancelled. Any other suggestions?

If I were you I would look at the top coalition surgeons based on your region.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I know alot of p[eople on this site sont like him, But Alvi /Armani is excellent. Ive had two procedures there and i am extremely happy with the results

• Administrators

At present no physician or clinic in Toronto is recommended on this community. I did visit Toronto a couple of months ago ( see the highlights ) to observer surgery at various clinics. A couple of clinics in Toronto are being considered for recommendation. Dr. Armani is not one of them.

Personally, based on information that I have, I have serious reservations about Dr. Armani. In my opinion, Dr. Armani has been and continues to be over hyped online by his online agents. I'd take any plugs for him with a high degree of skepticism.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

At the request of this user, I have removed reference to his previous name. I am waiting to hear from him as to what he would like to use for his new display name which is why his alias currently states "Name_Awaiting_Change".

Edit: Update - name changed to Dirge at user's request.

I agree with Pat.

I think you will find that Dr. Armani is hyped on a number of discussion forums. Be extremely cautious in your research and be sure to look at patient posted positive and consistent results over time rather than cheerleaders of particular clinics.

Best wishes,

Bill

Ill I can say is my results are great. Believe me if they werent id be bashing him left and right. Is there a particular reason why you guys dont find his clinic desirable??

Youve seen a lot more than me and im just wondering why

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

At present no physician or clinic in Toronto is recommended on this community. I did visit Toronto a couple of months ago ( see the highlights ) to observer surgery at various clinics. A couple of clinics in Toronto are being considered for recommendation. Dr. Armani is not one of them.

Personally, based on information that I have, I have serious reservations about Dr. Armani. In my opinion, Dr. Armani has been and continues to be over hyped online by his online agents. I'd take any plugs for him with a high degree of skepticism.

Pat im wondering who you recommend in Toronto ?

• Administrators

I really wish I could provide our members in Toronto with a solid recommendation. But unfortunately, at this time we do not have compelling enough evidence to recommend any of the physicians in Toronto.

We are working with a couple of Toronto clinics to gather and review their before and after photos and potentially present them on this forum for consideration.

I'll keep you posted on the forum.

Best wishes, Pat

P.S. Dr. Rahal in Ottawa is an outstanding recommendation and he is also a member of the Coalition.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Hello Pat,

you wrote that you can not provide a solid recommendation for a physicians in Toronto.

DR J---s that lives close to Toronto is said to be the father the FUE technic.

Is there any reason you don't recommend him ?

Originally posted by Tolosan:

Hello Pat,

you wrote that you can not provide a solid recommendation for a physicians in Toronto.

DR J---s that lives close to Toronto is said to be the father the FUE technic.

Is there any reason you don't recommend him ?

I'm not saying anything personally about the person you are referring to, but I've seen a lot of the sub-par doctor's with some sort of claim attached to them. My first ht doctor is supposedly the inventor of modern Micro and Mini Grafting. Maybe he is, but how you end up spending your life in north Alabama when you've led so many advances is odd to me.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• Administrators

Tolosan,

Dr. Jones was an early adopter of FUE in North America. But "father" is a real stretch.

His patients had very mixed experiences with his FUE and his reputation became tainted. Given his mixed track record I do not have the confidence at this time to recommend him.

Best wishes, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Thanks Pat.

Tolostan ive been researching hard core on Dr. Jones and honestly could not find any members on this board to post pics of their experiences. Also like Pat said ive read about 5 negative posts and 4 positive about him.. Thanks not enouph to convince me.

id rather take a 4 hour drive to see Rahal and be confident the results will be excellent.

I also have a consultation with Dr. Makenzie at Seager transplant center next week. I would love to hear some feedback on Makenzie

Awsome, Pls let me know.

So far I have chosen Rahal. I live 30 minutes to Dr. Mckenzie. Pending on reviews and considerations ill keep him pending.

I will be getting the procedure in mid Sept-Oct so I have time to decide still.

thanks again icon_smile.gif