Rogain on hair or scalp

BoldHead

Try to get it on your scalp. Inevitably, some will get in your hair though. No harm in that, just that rogaine doesn't work unless it gets to the hair follicle.

Yeah, Rogaine can help regrow hair on a shaved scalp, and it is much easier to apply.

Effective treatment may be to cut hair close, apply rogaine, then grow it out to "normal" length and continue to apply it.

Just an idea.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

i know you mentioned rogaine, are you on propecia? also, will propecia work on the temporal areas?

Man, I have been researching the web for answers. and it's all the same answer, no, it does not regrow hair in the frontal area. I know the propecia works on hair regrowth, i just don't think it will regrow hair in the temporal region.

texasNW2:

I'm on Propecia. I take it every day.

I was on Rogaine, but "lost interest" or resolve. It is a pain in the ass to apply.

Probably, I'll get some discipline later on and get on it again.

Propecia can reverse miniturization. But Merck doesn't have any documentation of regrowth in the temples. Very few regrow hair on the top of their heads. Most regrowth is on the crown.

I followed that case to a tee.

In essence, don't count on Propecia to regrow hair in the temples. I believe it is a safe bet in most cases (but not all) to have the expectation that Propecia will let you "keep the hair you have".

Hope that helps.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.