PROPECIA/PROSCAR

I am only 19 and thinning...After going through this forum I have realized that the earlier you start the better...I would like to start taking propecia but cannot afford it...My question is that is Proscar the same thing as propecia just in a higher mg dose. Can I buy proscar and just divide the 5mg in quarters and get the same effect? Anyone tried this yet. I can get a full years supply of proscar for only $85.

I am only 19 and thinning...After going through this forum I have realized that the earlier you start the better...I would like to start taking propecia but cannot afford it...My question is that is Proscar the same thing as propecia just in a higher mg dose. Can I buy proscar and just divide the 5mg in quarters and get the same effect? Anyone tried this yet. I can get a full years supply of proscar for only $85.

Exactly the same drug, Finesteride.

Proscar is 5mg

Propecia 1mg

Cut the Proscar into quarters or if you can fifths

1/4 - 1.25mg

1/5 - 1mg

Many guys do it, including me!

Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I switched to Proscar and cut the tabs into 4 pieces/doses with a pill spliter i bought at CVS and it works great. Here is the BEST part.....my health insurace covers Proscar and it costs me $15(co-pay) for 30 pills...and split into 4 pieces/doses...that is 120 doses for $15....$45 a year!