ron shapiro and paul rose

Dr. Paul Rose

I recently read a post by Gillenator regarding Ron Shapiro and myself. Steve Gillen is incorrect in stating that I mentored Ron Shapiro.

Years ago, approximately 1988, Ron was looking to leave ER medicine.I suggested that he consider hair replacement.He wound up going to work for PHI and ultimately settled in Minneapolis. The rest is history.

In regard to hairlines. Dr Shapiro and I have shared many similar thoughts and ideas about approaches. I think it incorrect to state that Ron has been "heavily influenced" by my work.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Dr Rose

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I recently read a post by Gillenator regarding Ron Shapiro and myself. Steve Gillen is incorrect in stating that I mentored Ron Shapiro.

Years ago, approximately 1988, Ron was looking to leave ER medicine.I suggested that he consider hair replacement.He wound up going to work for PHI and ultimately settled in Minneapolis. The rest is history.

In regard to hairlines. Dr Shapiro and I have shared many similar thoughts and ideas about approaches. I think it incorrect to state that Ron has been "heavily influenced" by my work.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Dr Rose

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Nice open comment.

A good analogy is Coach Knight and Coach K. COach Knight convience Coach K to go into coaching after Coach K left the academy. Coach Knight went to Indiana and the rest is history...While Coach K went on and eventually landed at Duke-- rest is history. BOth excelled in coaching with different styles but same results. And with one recommended/helping the other get into coaching doesnt mean that he was "trained" under the other...