Need Help to choose Dr

lashboy

I am new to this and need help. any one knows good Dr in las vegas , i visited MHR ( Melvin L. Mayer, M.D). I have also appointment with Dr joseph williams.

any one has any experience with these Drs. which one is good? I would really appericiate if any one tell me any good Dr or any suggestion plz

I am new to this and need help. any one knows good Dr in las vegas , i visited MHR ( Melvin L. Mayer, M.D). I have also appointment with Dr joseph williams.

any one has any experience with these Drs. which one is good? I would really appericiate if any one tell me any good Dr or any suggestion plz

Lashboy,

Dr. Joseph Williams is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. This means that he has been selectively screened to be ethical, to be using the latest techniques, and to be providing quality work. Perhaps you may want to run a search on this site using his name to see if there are any patient reviews. Also, don't limit yourself to location. Many people travel to get "work" done.

GuitarPlayer

Thanks guitar Player! MHR has suggested me 1000 grafts but I am not hearing good things about MHR..

One more questions if some one can reply! How long it will take to grow 3 to 4 inches of hair after day of surgery! I m getting married in december icon_smile.gif

How long it will take to grow 3 to 4 inches of hair after day of surgery! I m getting married in december icon_smile.gif

To quote from Dr Seager's excellent website:

"A terminal scalp hair will typically grow ?? inch per month for 2-6 years in the "Anagen" phase then over 2-4 weeks it will go through a transition, called the "Catagen" phase, at the end of which begins a resting phase, called the "Telogen" phase, which lasts for 2??“4 months.

In the Catagen Phase the "root" or dermal papilla shrinks and migrates upward toward the surface of the skin. The hair in the Telogen Phase is club-shaped and does not have the full ball or root that an Anagen hair has.

The hairs you see every day on your brush or pillow, or in your shower or sink is the hair that is shed in the Telogen Phase. It will be replaced by a new, growing Anagen hair.

Research is being done to determine what controls this growth cycle but there is still much to learn."

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

How long it will take to grow 3 to 4 inches of hair after day of surgery! I m getting married in december icon_smile.gif{

/QUOTE]

Using the info in hairworthy's response, I would say about nine months to grow 3 inches after the surgery. Most of the transplanted hair usually falls out and stays dormant for about three months and then starts growing. At 1/2 inch of growth per month, it would take six months to grow three inches. Add the three months of dormancy and you get nine months.

I would err on the side of caution and estimate growth start time at 5 months post-op. At 1/2 inch per month, in 6 months that would give you 3 inches. If you want to speed up hair growth take 3,000 mg of good quality MSM per day. It will make your hair and nails grow faster. You can find it at drug stores, retail stores in the vitamin section, and places like Vitamin World and GNC.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. Williams is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To view selection criteria a physician must meet in order to become and maintain membership, check out this page.

I made a post a while back that showcased quite a few of Dr. Williams' previous patients' before and after photos. You can see that thread here.

Good luck in your research and your decision. I hope this helps.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm new to the forum as well and looking for some tips and advice. I'm 26 and needing some HT done in the frontal area. I've met with one of the doctors at Bosely here in Southern California and they told me I'd be looking at about 600-1200 grafts to achieve satisfactory results. I later searched online for other HT info and discovered that there are lawsuits against Bosely's ethics. Can you guys recommend a good doctor in the California area? And typically, how much would something like 600-1200 grafts will cost me?

Yo Scoop

Too many good doctors on this website to go to anyone else besides the surgeons in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.. I had Dr True in NY do my 2 procedures ( 2876 total) and it was the best thing I ever did.. Do your research and you should be very satisfied.

As far as cost, they generally run about $4 a graft and I probably wouldn't get less than 1000 in one procedure. With that being said I do not know your state of hairloss and donor supply..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!