7 Months Post HT photo's/ 2500fu HT 1-19-05 Dr. Cooley

Hey guy's, just a quick update at the 7 month mark. I'm just about where Dr. Cooley told me I would be at this point in time.

Although I'm not where I would like to be as a finished product, I started with very little and knew going into this that it would take at least 2 HT's to get to where I want to be. With that said, I'm extremely pleased with where I'm at and with what I see in the mirror. I'm still having a few new hairs come in and it's still growing and getting thicker every day.

I plan to have a second procedure to fill in the front sides a little more and do some in the crown. Because of the size of my HT, I decided with Dr. Cooley to do what we did in the front and do some all the way back to the crown instead of doing all in the front at one time. My choice and I'm glad I made it that way at this point.

Deciding on a HT was a great decision for me overall and I could not be happier at this point with that decision and I'm looking forward to saving up enough to go back and finish the job!

Nashville Kat

9611056061_5DB636463C975C3FC7FFDCCE952FA32B.jpg.thumb 8611056061_10779204A67D5003A7B0A6D8A781BE8F.jpg.thumb 6971027061_45913B755BC42FBCE0358AC4AE1B3CE9.jpg.thumb 5711056061_AF17F1D03800287510253ED924A3AD9B.jpg.thumb 4711056061_64CB103B1EE2D5D6265896597E0500DB.jpg.thumb 3711056061_3620857FDED05F3920C87FC3E0255C02.jpg.thumb 3661027061_D6C274152B93CACA61574597B16F8838.jpg.thumb 1711056061_B0355BDC866D8CB02D297E78D0D444E2.jpg.thumb

Nashville Kat,

Looks like you got a darn good HT. Congratulations thus far on your growth.

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Nashville,

That 2,500 at the hands of the skilled Dr. Cooley and staff are really looking good! I support your plan of attack whole-heartedly as I think that the more mature hairline coupled with a broader area covered will be more aesthetically-pleasing to you from all angles when grown in.

Happy growing!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words guy's. I just saw JacobS and his results and I'm a little jealous. I'm just now to the point where he started. I hope to have a simular look to his after my 2nd HT and end up with the same great results that he did. Like I said I opted, based on what I started with, to have some coverage all the way back to the crown instead of attacking the hairline all at one time. I 'm still glad I made that decision and really look forward to finishing the hairline and filling in.

Nashville Kat

Looks great Nash. I would be very pleased also.

One question, when did you first notice growth...time after post-op. That would help guys like me, 11 wks post-op, to make a guess to how great our hair may look at seven months.

I'm taking a simular plan of attack! Again, looks great. ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

• 2 weeks later...

Zerro, Thanks for the kind comments. I had a unusually large percentage of grafts that did not shed. I really did not notice much growth though until about months 4 thru 6 with months 6 and 7 being the best with it still getting fuller all the time now. The phase that you are in was the most discouraging for me. It seems as if nothings happening and you wasted your money and went through all that for nothing. Then one day you look in the mirror and start to see a difference then it sort of blossoms from there. Just hang in there brother, your on your way and have made it thru the worst part.

Nashville Kat

Kat, did you ever consider or visit Dr. Fisher in Nashville? No question Cooley looks like a great choice but Nashille is more conveinent to me -- though, after seeing Cooley's work, it may very well be worth the trip to Charlotte.

If you can tell by my posts, I narrowing down to a short list.

Thanks, Artiste

Artiste, Pick your best choice of Doctor for you. There are alot of things to look at other than how close they are to you or how much it costs.This is no time to be worried about a few hundred dollars. You only get one shot and then your stuck with it. This in my mind is way down the list!! The Doctors staff experience, facilities, microscopes, techniques, and the Doctors artistic ability among others. The round trip plane ticket was only about $200 and well worth it. Dr. Cooley took care of my hotel room and cab fee so it actually cost about the same or less to go there. I feel I made the best choice for me and would do the same again.

Nashville Kat.

Kat, wasn't sure how to retreive the message I sent on private messaging so I posted the same type topic here for your response - after that, I figured out how to access the other message. Sorry for the duplication.

Back to hair - the cost is not a concern, but as you probably understand, I didn't want to pay more for a lesser quality job. Cooley, as well as a Doc like Shapiro sound like the best of all worlds. Cooley is definately sounding like the Doc I'll be visiting.

Did you receive my questions regarding post-op visits - and what happens on day two in Charlotte?

Thanks, Artiste

Damn, I came back to notify you that you didn't need to respond and now can't find how to get back to your response on the private messaging. The flashing indicator that let me know a message is waiting, is no longer there.

How do I get to my private messaging with Kat?

Artiste

Artiste, I just replied to your private message. I don't mind at all if you post here though. The things we have been discussing by private message, are good questions and answers for posting here so that all like you in your position can get the same info. The down side to it is that I don't alway's get back to the forum as often to give you answers.

Call me and we can discuss meeting so you can look for yourself.

Maybe Robert can give you better answers on the private messaging. He can also give you his take on Dr. Cooley. He is one of his patients also.

Nashville Kat

Artiste,

The flashing PM tab goes away when your messages have been read, but getting to your private message inbox is easily done at all times. When you click on the "GO" tab at the top left corner of the forum screen you will be presented with several options. Mouse over "My Space" and then click "Private Messaging."

You can also view all of my pre-, during, and post-op photos and accounts of my procedure with Dr. Cooley here.

If you have any questions, I would be glad to help.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Nash, It is exciting when the "fill-in" starts to happen. I had the same thing happen for me with my first experience - no shed. The hairs just kept on growing which made for very quick results. But after having had several procedures I now get a complete shed. Even shock loss. Looking back it seems like there is nothing like that first procedure. They get a little tougher (longer heal time, fall out, etc) with each one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now at 8 months and have had considerable thickening in the last month. It just keeps getting better!!! For all that can't make up their mind about a HT. Just do it!!! I had the same thoughts and for the first 3-4 months after the surgery I wondered if I had made the right decision. I don't wonder any more. All the time and money was worth it.

I would encourage anyone considering it to do your research and pick a top notch Doctor and don't be one of these guy's that are mad afterwards that they got a crappy job or even made worse. There are people right here on this site that got great advice but did not listen to it and are now bitching that they are disappointed with their results. I say, You should have listened to what you were told. If someone on this site gives you bad advice, there will be 10 of us to correct them with the right advice. You just have to listen to it.

There are alot of highly qualified and skilled Doctors that you can find the info you need right here on this site and get a top notch job that no one can tell you had done.

Like I said, do the research then just do it!!!

Nashville Kat

amazing work kat........good for you! Kudos to the doc.....

Think we could see a few of the back and a few of the crown as well??? Would be go to see......especially being that the front looks amazing.

In my opinion, I think you've one of the niceest jobs done, not overboard, but perfectly natural and thicker.

Originally posted by Nashville Kat:

I'm now at 8 months and have had considerable thickening in the last month. It just keeps getting better!!!

Nashville Kat

If it gets any better you won't need that second HT! How have people reacted when they notice hair growing everywhere? I mean, your transformation is something that can't possibly go unnoticed. Congratulations, amazing what a difference 2500 grafts can make.

PB

PB, I've never really tried to hide the fact that I had a transplant done. Hell I was damn near bald to begin with so there wasn't really any hiding it. The people that haven't seen me in a long time can't tell what's different but most that are around me alot know I had it done and are very supportive and can't believe the change it made. I guess everybody looks at it differently but I was kinda proud that I was actually able to get something done that has had such a dramatic change on my looks and self confidence.

Using this name, Thanks.

I'll try to update with some new pictures before to long.

Nashville Kat

• 1 month later...

Kat,

I've been remiss in not getting back to you and congratulate you on the results of your transplant. You have outstanding results and I can imagine how pleased you are feeling.

You are along the lines of what I was hoping for with mine, and probably would have had if I had not opted to go for overall coverage.

My hair is continuing to thicken on top and that makes for improvement. I've crossed the line from "bald" to "balding", and up close the change is obvious, since there is hair all over the formerly balding area, just sparse. It's a distance that gets depressing sometimes, depending on the light.

The only thing now is that I wish the hair on the crown and back would hurry up and catch up with the front. Still, it's improving on a weekly basis.

Another HT using the last 3,500 or so grafts I have left, especially concentrating on the front and top, now that I have hair in the back again, should get me to where I want to be--and if I get results like yours, I will be thrilled.

I'm pleased for you, friend! Doctor Cooley is a top-notch surgeon and I wouldn't consider going to anyone else for my next HT.

Thanks Hair Apparent, Mine just keeps getting better to this point but as I just posted on your thread, I'm considering going back for more before Christmas if scheduling permits. My crown is still pretty thin but we did not move any hair to there in my first HT. That plan has worked well for me so far and I'm glad I made that choice. I'm really looking forward to you getting your second done and seeing the results. It is tough to come up with the funds but it's a must after you get a little taste of hair again!! I know you feel the same and I really wish you luck. Dr. Cooley will get you there this time moving that much hair. It will be HUGE!!!!

Good luck my friend and maybe I'll see you in Charlotte!!

Nashville Kat

Thats great and natural results there Nash.

When has Dr. Cooley advised for the next HT?

Anyone- what should be the ideal or rather minimum time post HT for a repeat of the procedure.

I am just looking for a second opinion as Dr. A says I should wait for 1 year before going for any more work. Do other doctors say the same?

Bad plug grafts from Mumbai.

Undergoing repair HT from Dr. Arvind, New Delhi.

2500 FU grafts + 35 chest hair grafts in June 05.

Underrepair, Dr. Cooley also suggested waiting 1 year but say's you can move on with a second HT earlier. I think the answer he gave me was to wait as close to a year as I could just so that you can see exactly what growth you got from the first one and to allow for complete healing and reduced trama.

I'm almost at 10 months now and I'm considering a second HT between now and the end of the year depending on Dr. Cooley's schedule.

Nashville Kat

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got my schedule straightened out for the next month and have bitten the bullet so to speak and have scheduled my second HT with Dr. Cooley on Dec. 8th. 2005.

This will put me just short of 11 months since my first. The transformation has been truly remarkable and I'm really looking forward to getting this one done. Except of course for the waiting part. I'm scheduled right now for another 2500 grafts to fill in the crown where I have had nothing done so far, and the rest in the front and hairline to fill it in a little better. I'll get Dr. Cooley to take some before pictures which will also be my 11 month after the 1st. procedure shots and post them when I get back so that those that want to see can do so. I'm really pleased at my results so far at 10 months compared to where I started last January and believe that Dr. Cooley did such a good job for me that he deserves to get to finish the project he started. I'll keep you all posted as to my progress.

Nashville Kat