Generic Rogaine and Propecia?

NotSoBad

Ok, so I'm beginning my battle against the thinning on my crown and would like to tackle it with "the big 3." (Rogaine, Propecia, and Rivitol) I'd like to be as frugal as possible. I purchased "Equate Hair Regrowth Treatment Extra Strength" (5% Minoxidil) from Wal-Mart today. A three month supply ran me about $19. Now, this is quite a bit cheaper than Rogaine but still advertises the same percentage of the active ingredient. Does anyone have any experience with these generic products or possibly an opinion of them? Can anyone give me a reason to spring for the name brand Rogaine? Additionally, anyone have a convincing benefit to the foam? I applied the minox for the first time tonight and it seemed like the coverage area wasn't that great.

Also, I was checking into Propecia. Any opinions of or experience with generic Finasteride?

Regarding the rogaine, most people tolerate the foam much better....both in terms of ease of use, and irritation -- or lackethereof -- to their scalp. This may or may not be enough for you to pay a premium for it.

I think the general rule when dealing with the cheaper alternatives to drugs like propecia is to make sure you are getting them from a wholly credile source. From what I understand going "generic" is fine, but you run the risk of getting it from an unethical source if you aren't careful.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Guest josh - b

notsobad,

When you're dealing with generics you've got to make sure the company making the generic is reputable and the source u get it from is reputable.

I get my finasteride from cipla (dr reddy is another reputable brand maker) and i source it online through unitedpharmacies (inhousepharmacies are another reputable source)

It works very well for me.

There are others and i know Bill posted a recommended link to another reputable source here somewhere.