Propecia results

kg007

Hello Everyone -

Most of you here on this forum are already on propecia/proscar to stop the further hair loss. Propecia was been FDA approved in 1997, but it only shows 5 year study which is very encouraging. I wonder how people are reacting to Propecia even after 5 yrs of usage. I know lot of here are taking this medicine for past 6-7 years.

If you can share how long you have been using propecia/proscar, and your age, how it's been working for you. I think this would help lot of new people on this forum as well as the young patients.

I am 24 years old, I have been on Propecia for more than 4 years and it has slowed down (if not stopped completely?) further hair loss.

Thanks,

KG

I've been on proscar for 2 years and it doesn't seem to be as effective as it was when I first started. My hairloss has actually increased i the past 5 months. I don't know if I'm still losing hair due to the fact that I'm only using Rogaine once a day now but proscar used to be a lot more effective for me before. I'm thinking of switching to propecia as I heard that splitting up proscar can affect and lessen its potency.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Originally posted by Anonymous:

I've been on proscar for 2 years and it doesn't seem to be as effective as it was when I first started.

Different results for me. Still doing great with it after 18 months. The peak of efficiency is supposed to be at 5 years, after which it decreases slightly. But that's an average. You might be less responsive to it unfortunately.

Originally posted by Anonymous:

I heard that splitting up proscar can affect and lessen its potency.

This is BS designed to make you buy the more expensive 1mg pills. As long as you take the whole Proscar pill within a few days or a week, the effects are exactly the same. But you might want to consider Dutasteride.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

There is some truth to the splitting of Proscar comment. What you DON'T want to do is split all of them when you get them. If they sit for a long period, it is possible for them to lose their efficiency. Only split the one pill that you are immediately going to use and you'll be fine.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

The peak of efficiency is supposed to be at 5 years, after which it decreases slightly.

Hairworthy bring out a really good point. I have heard a lot of people say that Propecia efficiency decreses slightly after using it for 5 years or more. Now has anybody here who's been on Propecia for more than 5 years experienced this problem?? If so, please share.

Thanks,

KG

Originally posted by kg007:
The peak of efficiency is supposed to be at 5 years, after which it decreases slightly.

Hairworthy bring out a really good point. I have heard a lot of people say that Propecia efficiency decreses slightly after using it for 5 years or more. Now has anybody here who's been on Propecia for more than 5 years experienced this problem?? If so, please share.

Thanks,

KG

kg007,

I covered this topic in a post I made just today here.

Perhaps it can help clear up some of the misconceptions going around.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on Propecia for seven years now. I'm 40 years old. I had the best regrowth at 12 months of use, that was the peak, then over the next few years seem to have lost much of the regrowth, but still I have more hair than I had when I started. It seems that I lost most of the regrowth when I used Rogaine for six months with the propecia -- big mistake.