Donor Area Thinning??

Hi, When I had my HT 5 months ago, my donor area was thin. I started taking Finax from the day of surgery. I feel my donor area is lot more thicker now. When I run my fingures in donor hairs, I can feel lot of hairs where earlier it was not like that. Now my question is, would there be lot more donor hairs available for transplantation If I was on it before HT? What is donor area thinning? It happens in everyone or it happens in rare cases?

Ravi Vide

Hi, When I had my HT 5 months ago, my donor area was thin. I started taking Finax from the day of surgery. I feel my donor area is lot more thicker now. When I run my fingures in donor hairs, I can feel lot of hairs where earlier it was not like that. Now my question is, would there be lot more donor hairs available for transplantation If I was on it before HT? What is donor area thinning? It happens in everyone or it happens in rare cases?

Ravi Vide

John,

My donor area is not thinning. It is thickening now. But it is thinner than how thick it used to be when I was in my early twenties. I am just confused with this sudden thickening of hair. Anyway I must depend of this donor area whether it is thin or thick. There is no other option available.

Ravi Vide

Jagdish,

I believe that donor area thinning is that your density in your donor area becomes thinner as you grow older. You may have already noticed this as your donor area is not as think now as when you were a teenager. This is natural for everybody as you can tell that older people do not have as thick hair in their donor as younger people.

So my guess is that this will have a negative impact on your available donor grafts as you get older.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by JakeVig:

Jagdish,

I believe that donor area thinning is that your density in your donor area becomes thinner as you grow older. You may have already noticed this as your donor area is not as think now as when you were a teenager. This is natural for everybody as you can tell that older people do not have as thick hair in their donor as younger people.

So my guess is that this will have a negative impact on your available donor grafts as you get older.

This is quite possibly true. And if so, doesn't that mean that anyone who has had a transplant will lose some of their transplanted hair as time goes by? In other words, the blanket statement that transplanted hair is permanent is not quite accurate.

Hey Jagdish,

Where did you have HT? how much was the cost? how many grafts you had in your HT? would you please reply?

Originally posted by jagdish:

I lost a fair amount of hair from around my donor strip area...about 1.5 inches wide and mainly concentrated on the sides where the donor strip was taken from but not the back of the head for some unknown reason. I ordered some DermMatch via the web (Brown and Silver)and think it is an awesome product. I only have personal knowledge of using a small amount on the donor stip area but the girlfriend had no idea what I had done. I have not tried any of the other products that some guys use but I suggest trying the DermMatch. Good Luck

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Friends, Thanks for your replies.

Xavier, I would be posting my pics tomorrow. It is delayed due to problem in camera. I am fixing it today.

vrryrr, My HT was done in India. You will be surprised to know that it is a micro and mini graft procedure. You will be more surprised about the price. It is Rs.25000(Approximately $600)

You may check my pictures

here

Salt-N-Peppa, I am already a big fan of Dermmatch. I have been using it for last 1 month. It works great.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Most all men experience some degree of hair loss in their lifetime. Some men experience senile alopecia which is a gradual thinning hair process which starts at around the middle thirties and progressing slowly up to late in life.

• 2 weeks later...