Choi procedure with Dr Santo @ Asanto, Athens?

Hi there, i'm looking to potentially have a hair transplant utilsing the choi implantation technique with Dr Santo at the Asanto clinic in Athens. I have consulted a gentleman called Andy Hunt who is the UK associate for the company who has seemed to have had impressive results considering he was almost totally bald before he had the procedure done. His website is www.headofhair.co.uk

After reading mixed opinions on this method of transplantation on these forums, I am keen to see if anyone has had any experience in using Dr Santo, and if his clinic and the choi procedure is as reputable or as effective as it's cracked up to be?

I'm very cautious about shelling out a large sum of money to have the procedure done, so I would like some advice as to whether this surgeon is worth the money?

PS: I am receding at the temples and hairline at a norwood scale 3. I still have some fringe left. Would a hair transplant effectively replace what I have lost, and mimic a more dense hairline? I am a little apprehensive as I have seen many pictures of post hair transplant operations whereby the replaced hair look very short and bristly. Is this the effect that any new transplanted hair has?

Cheers

Hi there, i'm looking to potentially have a hair transplant utilsing the choi implantation technique with Dr Santo at the Asanto clinic in Athens. I have consulted a gentleman called Andy Hunt who is the UK associate for the company who has seemed to have had impressive results considering he was almost totally bald before he had the procedure done. His website is www.headofhair.co.uk

After reading mixed opinions on this method of transplantation on these forums, I am keen to see if anyone has had any experience in using Dr Santo, and if his clinic and the choi procedure is as reputable or as effective as it's cracked up to be?

I'm very cautious about shelling out a large sum of money to have the procedure done, so I would like some advice as to whether this surgeon is worth the money?

PS: I am receding at the temples and hairline at a norwood scale 3. I still have some fringe left. Would a hair transplant effectively replace what I have lost, and mimic a more dense hairline? I am a little apprehensive as I have seen many pictures of post hair transplant operations whereby the replaced hair look very short and bristly. Is this the effect that any new transplanted hair has?

Cheers

Andy Hunt's a scam artist and the Choi technique is, by all accounts, bullshit. They've butchered a good amount of folks in the UK. Do a search on this site for "Choi" and you'll get more detail icon_wink.gif

It's a good thing you're doing your research about it as it will save you a lot of anxiety & even more money.

Dont do it ..

Again, do research .. I think Jagdesh wen tto a doc who did this type of technique .. Not sure.. Do a search on here with Choi

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mohammed,

As my friends above said...proceed with extreme caution.

From everything I've read about the Choi mplanter, there is absolutely no advantage...not to mention it takes away from the artistic skill of the doctor since it attempts to automate a manual artistic process.

Automation isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

You can find more information about the Choi technique here:

Information on the CHOI implanter.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...131067203#6131067203

I recommend taking your time and researching this site so you know what you are getting yourself into.

Cheers,

Bill

I have seen a few guys (and heard of many)from that place reporting no growth. The CHOI method appears to damage the follicles and you won't get any growth from it.

If you are in the UK, the most reliable person to contact regarding hair restoration is Spex.