2 days to surgery with Dr Gabel - updated blog with pre-op pics

2 days to surgery with Dr Gabel. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Dr Gabel has been very re-assuring. We've talked a few times over the last couple of weeks and I will be meeting with him tomorrow to go over any last minute questions.

The plan is to address the front and mid scalp region with this surgery, with 2500-3000 grafts and leave the crown for the next HT. We're not pulling the hairline forward (I'd wanted to but the doc advised against it). Instead we're going to re-establish my existing hairline and look to add density.

Pls visit my blog for pics.

I've already learned so much from all of you. If you have any last minute tips and advice, I'd love to hear it..otherwise wish me luck icon_biggrin.gif

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

2 days to surgery with Dr Gabel. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Dr Gabel has been very re-assuring. We've talked a few times over the last couple of weeks and I will be meeting with him tomorrow to go over any last minute questions.

The plan is to address the front and mid scalp region with this surgery, with 2500-3000 grafts and leave the crown for the next HT. We're not pulling the hairline forward (I'd wanted to but the doc advised against it). Instead we're going to re-establish my existing hairline and look to add density.

Pls visit my blog for pics.

I've already learned so much from all of you. If you have any last minute tips and advice, I'd love to hear it..otherwise wish me luck icon_biggrin.gif

- badger

badger,

I remember the feeling oh so well - nervousness, excitement, difficulty thinking about anything else, including dreams of new follicles combined with some anxiety on how things will go.

Being a hair transplant veteran of 3 hair transplant surgeries, being in the right hands makes all the difference in the world. Dr. Gabel is first-and will treat you well.

My only advice to you is try to relax and not to worry. Report back to us and let us know how you are doing and hopefully we can continue to encourage you.

Drop me a PM if you want to chat.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill,

Met with Dr Gabel today. We reviewed my hairline, and took some pictures that I'll be posting to my blog soon. I also had a chance to meet with his staff who will be present during the procedure. We reviewed post-op care and he answered all my questions. I was there for about 75 mintues and left feeling much more relaxed and confident...still a few butterflies though icon_smile.gif

- badger

Dr Gabel posted here for quite some time, must be to busy these days .When he did post his posts and pics were very impressive.

I believe your in great hands.

Dont worry things will be fine and even if you were one of the VERY small percentage of unhappy patients that went to fantastic doctors Dr Gabel is the kind of guy that will make it right.

Hi Badger,

You are in great hands with Dr Gabel. I also remember how nervous I felt prior to my first HT. It was the fear of the unknown. I still remember the relief I felt when it was completed and how silly I felt because it was so much easier than I expected. Best of luck and the hard part starts after the procedure ends......THE WAITING FOR YOUR HAIR TO GROW STAGE..

Regards,

Aaron

former hair piece wearer

1997 550 micro/mini

2002 1483 grafts

More to come???

Disclaimer: I currently work for Dr Jeffrey Epstein. I am not a doctor. I have over 10 years of hair transplant experience to share.

Dr. Epstein is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians