An Issue I have never her adressed?

When I look at my dad the back (donor area) of his hair seems way thiner then when he was in his 30s or 40s. Meaning that a lot of the hair fell out. Since transplanted hair is taken from that same area, in 10 years from now will it stop growning as if it was in the donor area?

Currently, I have a thick donor area. But I am consirned that in the future it would thin out and a scar would show as well as the transplanted hair would fall out.

thanks

let all work together

Research makes perfect

When I look at my dad the back (donor area) of his hair seems way thiner then when he was in his 30s or 40s. Meaning that a lot of the hair fell out. Since transplanted hair is taken from that same area, in 10 years from now will it stop growning as if it was in the donor area?

Currently, I have a thick donor area. But I am consirned that in the future it would thin out and a scar would show as well as the transplanted hair would fall out.

thanks

let all work together

Research makes perfect

I've wondered about this question too. Many people thin out in the donor area as they age. It seems to me that this happens age 60 and later. This raises a question about the donor scar showing with age. And, what about the transplanted hairs over time? Might it thin out, as well?

Paul

I never thought about that before!

I guess we should just enjoy the good looks now while we can and hope we wont care at 60!

As you said, it is possible that the very same hairs removed from the donor area may begin to thin out at some time in the recipient site...however, most of us are also likely taking Propecia to help keep additional loss from occuring. Heck, if Propecia had been available when we starting losing our hair, (and we had noticed it and figured the loss would have continued), then it's possible that most of us would never have had a need for a HT...right?

Bottom line, keep the DHT effect at bay and the loss may be hard to ever detect, IMO.

If you get a small, thin scar, then thinning "donor region" hair should still cover it just fine.

Remember, you can lose 50% of your hair's natural density and still have the appearance of full density.

Some people's donor region does thin over time. You were prudent to check out your father. This could be a concern, on some level. My father is 72 and still has very thick sides and back.

That really did help me in my HT decision.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.