Shave or not shave

Since I'm new and don't know a whole lot about HT I have a few questions.

Do they shave the area where the

new hairs are going to be transplanted?

Do you get black eyes when you have a HT?

And how many days you have to wait before you can go back to work? meaning looking normal that no body will notice your new HT

Since I'm new and don't know a whole lot about HT I have a few questions.

Do they shave the area where the

new hairs are going to be transplanted?

Do you get black eyes when you have a HT?

And how many days you have to wait before you can go back to work? meaning looking normal that no body will notice your new HT

hairmax...used the find to search for info. There is a wealth of info on this site. The short answers are

1. Some docs insist on shaving the recepient area while others don't and we've debated the merits of both methods on this forum.

2. Everybody recovers differently from an HT. Some people develop alot of swelling around the forehead and eyes. I slept upright and used icepacks for the first couple of days and didn't have much swelling.

3.The last question is the trickiest to answer icon_smile.gif. Typically you'll want to lay for 10 days, though people go back earlier. Looking normal requires upto 6 months. I went back on day 10 and wore a hat for the first month. Once again, there is alot of info on how to hide your HT on this site (if that is what you want to do..some people are just open about it)

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

hairmax,

Personally, I think one would get a better result by shaving, BUT for some of us that would be a deal breaker. I don't think the pros outweigh the cons for some of us.

I had no swelling, black eyes, etc. and looked pretty normal after four or five days - except for the holes where he removed the old plugs from my hairline. Depends on what kind of job you have, but I went for the transplant on Thursday and was at work at 11 a.m. Monday. However, I didn't feel like I looked normal and tried to lay low the whole week; and meet as few people as possible.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

If you can shave and wear a baseball cap for a few months, then shave. If you work or are around people alot, then dont shave. It doesnt change the results, but it is easier for the surgeon if you are shaved. I've never shaved for any of my procedures and results are great. The session might take a little longer and if doing a lot of middle third core placement- might be time consuming. crown, hairline/temple no big deal.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz daily