pumpkin seeds as dht blocker

hi all,

i have come across various articles on the internet that recommend pumpkin seed for blocking of dht buildup, how true is this? can anyone pls guide on this, and the same goes for green tea as well, which is advocated as a good dht blocker, how good are these things actually in blocking dht. pls advice. thanks

hi all,

i have come across various articles on the internet that recommend pumpkin seed for blocking of dht buildup, how true is this? can anyone pls guide on this, and the same goes for green tea as well, which is advocated as a good dht blocker, how good are these things actually in blocking dht. pls advice. thanks

• 1 year later...

spj - soya, green tea, saw palmetto are three medically proven DHT blockers. Cant help with percentages but Saw Palemetto was recommended by my Surgeon as an alternative to meds.

I would question the effectiviness of these natural items in their ability to make a cosmetic impact on your hair.

Stick to the 3 treatments which the veteren use on here for maximum results (and less wasted money)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

spj - soya, green tea, saw palmetto are three medically proven DHT blockers. Cant help with percentages but Saw Palemetto was recommended by my Surgeon as an alternative to meds.

Mop,

Can you provide links to the clinical studies? I'm sure we'd all like to read them.

HairHope,

LOVE the pumpkin spitting out seeds :-)

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

I said some of these foods were medically proven in that I have read lots of stuff on the net :-

(commercial website removed)

And also lots of material in reputable mens health magazines.

Cant recall any clinical studies but enough material to convince me they do help block DHT.

Bill

Have I not answered your question above when I wrote "dont recall any clinical studies" ?

If anyone wishes to follow up on my comments on the DHT blockers such as soya - I suggest you do a google search on the subject of "DHT Blockers" - you will see plenty of commercial sites but there will be occasionally be the non-sales sites such as a credible UK paper :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/hea...-the-bald-truth.html

Although not a clinical study - it does highlight the work of scientists at USA Universities.