Best Value in So. Florida Area ??

I been wanting to have my hair line fixed for yrs but but can't seem to ever get it done. I keep reading all the forums but just can never settle on a particular doctor

Money is a big issue for me being I'm a single parent so I keep looking at the $3 graph ads any good ?

According to the hair scales I'm needing at the most 1500 some front hair line and temple work

Can someone please give me advice on what doctors in the South Florida Ft. Lauderdale area

are good at front hair line work and aren't going to rip me off ?

I been wanting to have my hair line fixed for yrs but but can't seem to ever get it done. I keep reading all the forums but just can never settle on a particular doctor

Money is a big issue for me being I'm a single parent so I keep looking at the $3 graph ads any good ?

According to the hair scales I'm needing at the most 1500 some front hair line and temple work

Can someone please give me advice on what doctors in the South Florida Ft. Lauderdale area

are good at front hair line work and aren't going to rip me off ?

Jeff Epstein, M.D. in Miami is good and should be considered. His prices are reasonable, but not what you would call discount. I personally would save up and avoid discount providers with this kind of procedure.

I agree; keep saving even if its a dollar at a time. Remember, this isn't a tattoo on your back. For the rest of your life, people will be looking you directly in the face. That's how we humans do it. So, take your time and save up so you can go to someone like Epstien without money worries. If you bargain shop this issue, you may end up regretting it more than you can imagine. I know its annoying and I feel kind of guilty giving that advice when I'm one of the lucky few for whom money is hardly a worry or concern, but I stand by it. Save up!

Dr. Rose, Dr. Epstien, and Dr. Charles are all nearby and are all very good choices.

If you must stay local, these 3 docs are your only choice.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Mark01,

Your concerns and limitations are valid and I recommend, if you haven't already, you contact the recommended doctors (Dr. Rose, Dr. Epstein, and Dr. Charles)in your area. They are all definitely great choices based on all the experiences posted on this site. I had my procedure with Dr. Epstein and I think his pricing was reasonable, keeping in mind that he is a top notch doc.

I think once you speak to any one of these doctors you will better understand why you should stick with one of them as opposed to a "discount butcher shop."

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Hello Mark, If your timing is right, you can save up to $500.00 by getting a fill in spot for a cancellation with most Doctor's.

I would ask the Doc of your choice about this.

It did work for me & saved me $500.00.

I also liked the idea that I had a short notice which gave me little time to be nervous.

Just stick with a Doctor with a proven track record.

Good luck to you!

Any of the Docs B spot mentioned would do you fine for that number of grafts in that location.

Best of luck,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

There are many options in Florida for hair restoration surgery - some very good and some, not so much. My idea of value is great patient care, excellent graft yield, and an aesthetic result that appears totally natural. I believe that the 3 docs mentioned provide a good value, and I know for sure that Dr. Rose does some of the finest work in the US. Get some opinions. I believe you will find a good fit.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

mark01,

I have poor results from a South Florida Dr. that heavily advertises $3 grafts. I had more concern and attention from a $10 haircut!

I regret it night and day for years...

Well, I think he does fine work, however, I just had the other 3 docs higher on my personal list than Dr. Bauman.

I think at times, I have felt that he is not as committed to perfecting his hair transplant techniques as some docs. I could be wrong, happy to be proved wrong on this.

I guess I could say the same about Dr. Charles, so that would be unfair of me to place that only on Dr. Bauman.

He does take a holistic approach to hair transplantation, which is good that he keeps an open mind, but to some it may seem all the post-op products, the hyperbaric oxygen treatments, laser therapy, etc... is just too much.

I don't know... do you, or anyone else for that matter feel that I should amend my view of Dr. Bauman?

I don't have any problem with that if someone can come up with a good reason(s).

Please don't confuse my post with any real dislike or reason to steer away from Dr. Bauman. There isn't any.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Mark,

One other thing to note: I think you will find the fees for some of the top doctors to be a good value for the patient, in particular for mega-session surgeries. As the session size increases the average per graft fee usually decreases inversely. It only makes sense as large sessions are quite efficient. For Dr. Rose, fees start a $5/graft (small sessions). But most medium size session here fall in the $3-4 range. For session greater can 2,900 grafts, the fee is actually *less than* $3/graft.

My point is that you do not need to look for bargain prices with unknown physicians, as most of the elite guys are fairly reasonable depending on what you need to have done.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I recommend Epstein. You're gonna get all your questions answered. You're gonna get a great staff and a Doctor that always comes recommended by former patients. I've been on this forum for almost a year and I can't remember one bad thing ever written about the man. Save up your money and go with the best. Looking back you'll be glad you did.