1st HT W/ Dr. Beehner/ Photos-8 mos.

kar

Some background is important. I am 57 yrs. old, happily married, an advanced 6 Norwood w/extremely fine, thin, sparse hair. Have been wearing a hairpiece for 36 yrs. (all my married life), although I never paid very much for a piece, doing my own repair work, etc. Also involved in training & teaching Martial Arts & self-defense for 38 yrs. Approx. 4 yrs. ago, I started propecia &(shock!) I started growing some hair on the vertex, sides (upper) & lower crown sides. Even my dermatologist was surprised because of my age.

Found the Hair Transplant Network, contacted Pat, & through careful research, decided on Dr. Michael Beehner, and last year I had a private consultation w/absolutely no pressure. in fact, Dr. Beehner complimented the hairpiece. i decided to have my 1st H.T. on Jan. 4, 2002. After only 2 1/2 mo. new hairs started growing & the 2nd photo is the result of 860 grafts, mostly FU's after 8 mo., taken just before my 2nd H.T. of 902 grafts, Sept. 12th. I am very pleased, considering my age, hair classification, thinness, etc. Dr. Beehner assured me at consultation he would be able to improve virtually anyone's appearance. I'm a firm believer. Obviously, I have realistic expectations & don't anticipate as much coverage/density as a younger person or one w/more dense donor hair. But I do have coverage that I didn't have 25 & yrs. ago, and for that I am very grateful.

Those who have never seen me w/out a hairpiece genuinely complimented me when I told them I got tired of wearing a hairpiece. (The hairpiece also aggravated my Seborrheic Dermatitis) Even my son, who hasn't seen me w/out a piece for many yrs. said I never had that much hair before & it looked good. (That was before I told him of the transplant).

All this is said, hopefully, to encourage a person at any age to continue Propecia & no matter how old or advanced you are at hairloss, there is help & hope in whatever you decide if you determine to patiently pursue & persever in choosing what is best for you. allen1.jpgallen2.jpgicon_smile.gif

Some background is important. I am 57 yrs. old, happily married, an advanced 6 Norwood w/extremely fine, thin, sparse hair. Have been wearing a hairpiece for 36 yrs. (all my married life), although I never paid very much for a piece, doing my own repair work, etc. Also involved in training & teaching Martial Arts & self-defense for 38 yrs. Approx. 4 yrs. ago, I started propecia &(shock!) I started growing some hair on the vertex, sides (upper) & lower crown sides. Even my dermatologist was surprised because of my age.

Found the Hair Transplant Network, contacted Pat, & through careful research, decided on Dr. Michael Beehner, and last year I had a private consultation w/absolutely no pressure. in fact, Dr. Beehner complimented the hairpiece. i decided to have my 1st H.T. on Jan. 4, 2002. After only 2 1/2 mo. new hairs started growing & the 2nd photo is the result of 860 grafts, mostly FU's after 8 mo., taken just before my 2nd H.T. of 902 grafts, Sept. 12th. I am very pleased, considering my age, hair classification, thinness, etc. Dr. Beehner assured me at consultation he would be able to improve virtually anyone's appearance. I'm a firm believer. Obviously, I have realistic expectations & don't anticipate as much coverage/density as a younger person or one w/more dense donor hair. But I do have coverage that I didn't have 25 & yrs. ago, and for that I am very grateful.

Those who have never seen me w/out a hairpiece genuinely complimented me when I told them I got tired of wearing a hairpiece. (The hairpiece also aggravated my Seborrheic Dermatitis) Even my son, who hasn't seen me w/out a piece for many yrs. said I never had that much hair before & it looked good. (That was before I told him of the transplant).

All this is said, hopefully, to encourage a person at any age to continue Propecia & no matter how old or advanced you are at hairloss, there is help & hope in whatever you decide if you determine to patiently pursue & persever in choosing what is best for you. allen1.jpgallen2.jpgicon_smile.gif

Kar

Looks great! You certainly got a lot of coverage after 8 months. Do you think you'll need additional sessions with Dr Beehner to add density? Did you have a frontal forelock pattern done?

dude 1

Thanks! A 3rd HT will depend on many factors, among them my having limited & sparse donor hair & how much density I will acheive from my 2nd HT. I had what is technically called a "frontal- midscalp forelock", which emphasizes density centrally & places follecular units in decreasing density off to the sides and rear. By the way, I forgot to mention on my post that a good portion of what little hair I had on the front of my head was the result of Propecia.

Kar

• 2 months later...

All this is said, hopefully, to encourage a person at any age to continue Propecia & no matter how old or advanced you are at hairloss, there is help & hope in whatever you decide if you determine to patiently pursue & persever in choosing what is best for you. http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/photos/allen1.jpg http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/photos/allen2.jpg icon_smile.gif

Kar, I was wondering if you'd wish to share your email address? I'm impressed with your results and am considering a HT with Dr Beehner. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kar,

I actually emailed you lately, but wasn't sure if you got it, so I figured I'd try getting a hold of you by just replying to your topic. I've been wearing a small, bonded hair system on the crown for about 8 months now. I started taking Propecia 2 weeks ago, and want it's best results. Hopefully even some regowth! Since you took Propecia while wearing a hair piece, is there any tips you can give me. I'd really like to know what you would think is the best way to bond my system. In no way do I want to wear this frickin' thing any longer than I have to, and don't want to damage my existing hair under neath. What do you think Kar? Anyways, I was glad to hear of your results, and I look forward to your reply.

danger