Computer Geeks

Hey all you techies,

With all the technology out there, does a computer software program exist that will give an individual an idea of what they will look like with X number of FU placed with a HT?

It seems like everyone is always posting pics with the question of "How many do you think I need?" I know that there are programs that can give you more hair to your photos etc., but they are generic.(I used it to send old girlfriend current photo of me. icon_cool.gif)

Wouldn't it be easy to create such a program? All you would do is enter photo, type of hair, area to cover, number/type of FU, length/style of hair, etc. Why isn't there such a thing? It would be such a great tool for HT physicians.

Let's get some of you computer geeks away from your violin lessons and developing some software. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey all you techies,

With all the technology out there, does a computer software program exist that will give an individual an idea of what they will look like with X number of FU placed with a HT?

It seems like everyone is always posting pics with the question of "How many do you think I need?" I know that there are programs that can give you more hair to your photos etc., but they are generic.(I used it to send old girlfriend current photo of me. icon_cool.gif)

Wouldn't it be easy to create such a program? All you would do is enter photo, type of hair, area to cover, number/type of FU, length/style of hair, etc. Why isn't there such a thing? It would be such a great tool for HT physicians.

Let's get some of you computer geeks away from your violin lessons and developing some software. icon_smile.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

"custom plug ins"--Ofcourse might not want to use that term but I knew what you meant. icon_smile.gif

That would be sweet. There should be away to simplify the process for us lay folk. I know that photoshop could be challenging to use for a guy like me. Possibly my wife--she has a Masters in Technology Management. Doubt she'll pursue this as she is a little tired of my hair obsession. icon_redface.gif

I personally feel like I am fairly well educated about the process, but still kind of feel up in the air about what I might expect to look like after next HT.(I know I'll still have the same mug. icon_smile.gif)

It would be great if this site had such a feature or it would be a good business venture for whoever. Send them photos for a nominal fee and get back different scenarios of what to expect.

Thanks for the response HK.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• Administrators

There was a computer system/program called "Mirror Image" that was sold to cosmetic surgery clinics and hair transplant clinics. It not only archived patient data and photos but also had a feature that allowed doctors to simulate what a patient's would like after a cosmetic procedure, whether it was a nose job (rinoplasty) or a hair transplant etc.

I always thought the hair transplant simulation was rather crude as it essentially allowed the physician to select the color and hair characteristics, which were then dragged and dropped on to the patient's head. I thought it was more like a toupee simulator than a realistic hair transplant simulator. Frankly, it was really a sales tool that wouldn't impress the sophisticated members of this forum.

For now the the best tool I know of is this community's "Graft Calculator", which I created three years ago. However, it does not simulate the final look.

Perhaps you guys will create one? I'd certainly present it on our sites.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Maybe we should get B spot to call his office and inquire. He seems pretty good at getting that sort of thing done. icon_smile.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90