4th HT? is it possible

• Moderators

I think I hold the record at 25 HTs although I certainly don't recommend that and wish I didn't have it done.

It all depends on how many grafts you're moving per HT session. If you're only doing small procedures of 1500 to 2000 then certainly 4 or 5 HTs is possible. If you've had 2 megasessions of 4000+ each then you'd be nearing your limit after those 2.

If you're wondering if the grafts will grow after a certain number of sessions, yes they will.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

king-hair,

It really depends on the type of hair transplant, the number of grafts harvested, and your remaining scalp elasticity.

I'm not sure that one can put a number on it, but I know people who have had up to 4 hair transplants in recent times, and I've seen some who have had about 10 using older school techniques.

Best wishes,

Bill

25 HT????? Never heard of that! WOW.

It really depends as Fal said on the donor availability. If you have donor, then a good surgeon will extract from the same linear scar and might even be able to do scar consolidation if you have several from previous surgeries. Dr. Shapiro consolidated a couple of mine!

SMOOTHY

Dr Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Pallmetto/Zinc

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz a day

BeHappy,

I think maybe we ought to start some kind of contest for who has had the most hair transplants. But then again, you'd win hands down icon_smile.gif.

I forgot you had as many as you did. You've certainly been through the mill and back again.

You going for a 26th any time soon? icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

Our company has been in business since 1973. The early days of HT's were the old plugs and sessions might have been as big as 25 at a time. Sometimes only 4 to 6 weeks apart. It is not unusual to see pt charts with 20 to 30 HT's over the last 35+ years. Today's FUT and mega sessions make this almost impossible. The number of HT's today depend on so many factors that only a doctor can tell YOU if it is possible for YOU.

I am a hair restoration client and have 10 years experience in the hair restoration industry, all my views are my own