Proscar also improved the appearance of my scalp

Flavio

I've been taking Proscar for many years and it didn't just preserve my hair, it also improved the appearance of my scalp. My hair and scalp used to be EXTREMELY greasy and all shampoos and topical lotions were ineffective: I washed my hair in the morning and at night it was greasy again. Well, not anymore. Even if I don't wash my hair for 2 or 3 days, my scalp will always look fresh and clean. Apparently, this also facilitates the absorption of minoxidil and makes it less irritating.

hi Flavio,

i also had the 'greasy' hair problem about 4 years ago. i went to my doctor at that time and he told me about nizoral shampoo. that was before i started reading forums btw. ever since then my 'greasy' hair problems have disappeared. now i'm on proscar and minox and my hair improved dramatically especially crown area where all of my hair grew back. miracle i know. also it is very good for your hair and scalp to be washed once every day as well as your whole body.

hi Curious,

everybody is different but i was replying to Flavio since i know he uses minoxidil so here is my rule of thumb in general:

1. if you have a dry hair then you could probably take the liberty and skip a day or two in between the washing.

2. if you have the oily hair and don't use any hairloss products then yes you should be washing your hair every day.

3. if you applying minox 2x per day regardless whether you have 'greasy' hair or not you should be washing your hair every day since you get the maximum benefit after applying the minoxidil right after you wash your hair.

4. if you're applying the minox and have a dry hair without washing it on a daily basis is that even possible????

P.S.

my hairloss started once the 'greasy' hair started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif