Tell Tale Signs of a HT

I have read several posts concerning statements such as "His hair looks too natural to be HT" and things like "Tell tale signs of a HT". Since we all agree that top docs are doing undetectable work these days, what is meant by these types of comments? What are the tell tale signs (besides the donor scar) of a HT from a top doc? Also, if one looks closely at a grown in recipient site, does the scalp look or feel different then it would if it were native hair?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have read several posts concerning statements such as "His hair looks too natural to be HT" and things like "Tell tale signs of a HT". Since we all agree that top docs are doing undetectable work these days, what is meant by these types of comments? What are the tell tale signs (besides the donor scar) of a HT from a top doc? Also, if one looks closely at a grown in recipient site, does the scalp look or feel different then it would if it were native hair?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

If it is done right, HT can be undetectable, as you can see with numerous photos here, as well as videos on youtube.

Even if it is not done right, notwithstanding the old plug technology dated last decade, it is still probably undetectable to a hair layman.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

A really thick "wall of hair" and a big bald crown are a give away. When there is a bald crown, there is always some degree of recession and thinning.

Also, a very perfect (straight) hairline where there is not much density also appears to be a give away. Look at some of the Armani FUE patients who did not grow well. They have a straight/round (low) hairline that is very see through. If this occurs in nature, it is VERY rare. Usually there is recession to accompany the thinning, orr at least morecentral density.

Plugginess is always detectable. I have seen guys with thick hair that appear to have had a HT, even though it seems to have been done with FUs.

Thats not always true Emperor. Some men DO experience crown loss only, i've personally seen several examples (of course, i do not know if they had any HT done but considering the odds thats unlikely)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I think if the crown was totally bald and not much sign of loss somewhere else it might look a little odd, but I have a couple of friends who I am pretty sure have not had a HT who have thinning in the crown but it all pretty much looks thick at the front. (Slight temple recession in one case.)