Late bloomers?

Curious if anyone on here that reads this is a 'late bloomer' and had his/her HT start to grow later than the 'norm'? Really sort of looking for encouragement since I'm in my 8 month post HT and still have not seen substantial growth.

Curious if anyone on here that reads this is a 'late bloomer' and had his/her HT start to grow later than the 'norm'? Really sort of looking for encouragement since I'm in my 8 month post HT and still have not seen substantial growth.

Brav989- From your previous posts I think you had 2200 grafts in the front, right? Are you getting any feedback from the folks around you? is it a density issue or a concern that hair has not grown in some areas? What % growth do you think you are at this point?

yea I had 2200 grafts placed in the hairline/front area, with some put into the bridge. Doctor said he did about 40 grafts per/cm in the front. My concern is that a lot of the hairs have not sprouted at all. Now looking at before pictures from the doc and looking in the mirror, I can tell that hair has grown, that is obvious. Just by looking at me you can still see so much scalp. Not very much coverage at all.

I should also note that I can see very many little thin type hairs. Is it possible these are transplanted hairs that havent matured yet, or are these vellus type hairs that are shrunken? I'm just so concerned this transplant may have been a total failure icon_frown.gif

Brav989,

Those thin hairs may be transplanted hair growing in, but transplanted hair grows in as terminal hair. They do not look like vellus hair.

Do you have any pre-op photos to go by for comparison? Have you been in touch with the physician? If he/she is local you could go in for a follow-up to get their opinion. If not, an emailed photo or photos will probably be helpful in giving him/her something to refer to.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Brav, you should have some growth by now but it is not unusual for some to be late- sometimes hair continues up till 16-18 monnths.

Take propecia, and rogaine- apply rograine to the graft area as it helps jump start the grafts, also add 3,000 mg of MSM to your diet which will supply nutrients to the scalp that might help growth. Make sure your shampooing daily with a good shampoo.

Brav-

PLEASE keep us posted on your Dr visit!! There are a few of us who are in the second month and feel / see the same results you are describing!!! I have noticed a few thin colorless hairs sprouting up in the temple area. My HT looked like I would have a THICK hair line again (which is what I was aiming for), but since the shedding it looks like I'm back to where I started before HT.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/7861074841

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED !!!

Shiny Side Up!!

It is. You can get it in any big supermarket in the US & Canada. Elsewhere, like here in the UK, it's a bit trickier if you don't want to be ripped off. Just get the standard MSM, not the various blended mixtures of MSM and something else. I strongly advise taking it, did wonders for me.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day