young with rapid loss, new to site and have few questions

tooyoung

Hey All,

Ive been checking out the forum since my MPB kicked in enough to start really bothering me. Im a very light blonde, who always had hair on the finer side, and a high hairline. Judging by family members, i always figured i would start losing hair but not at 25! About 3-4 months ago i noticed thinning on the frontal top portion of my scalp, behind my hairline. At first it wasnt bad, but throughout these past 4 months the thinning is getting worse and the thinning is now down to my hairline. It appears i went from a norwood 2 to a diffuse norwood 3 anterior in only a few months and its getting worse and more and more noticeable. Has most/some/anyone experienced this kind of rapid loss? I started on Fin and Minox a month ago and im praying it works. I can live with what i have now, any less and i really dont know if i can deal.

People who have experienced rapid loss, did Fin and Min halt/regrow compared to slow loss victims? Is there any evidence that rapid losers are more or less likely to have meds work?

I have no crown loss, only mid scalp to front thinning. Also, i was diagnosed with mild psoriasis of the scalp years ago, and its been a chronic problem. Can this contribute? Is it possible im in a mid shed after one month on meds?

I feel something I did kicked my MPB into hyperdrive. Can prescription drugs do this? If so which ones?

Im going to see Dr Robert Bernstein in NYC next week for professional advice but this forum has been extremely educational. From what Ive read, it seems propecia helps with thinning, not hairline recession, so Im hoping for the best. Thank you for any help.

Hey All,

Ive been checking out the forum since my MPB kicked in enough to start really bothering me. Im a very light blonde, who always had hair on the finer side, and a high hairline. Judging by family members, i always figured i would start losing hair but not at 25! About 3-4 months ago i noticed thinning on the frontal top portion of my scalp, behind my hairline. At first it wasnt bad, but throughout these past 4 months the thinning is getting worse and the thinning is now down to my hairline. It appears i went from a norwood 2 to a diffuse norwood 3 anterior in only a few months and its getting worse and more and more noticeable. Has most/some/anyone experienced this kind of rapid loss? I started on Fin and Minox a month ago and im praying it works. I can live with what i have now, any less and i really dont know if i can deal.

People who have experienced rapid loss, did Fin and Min halt/regrow compared to slow loss victims? Is there any evidence that rapid losers are more or less likely to have meds work?

I have no crown loss, only mid scalp to front thinning. Also, i was diagnosed with mild psoriasis of the scalp years ago, and its been a chronic problem. Can this contribute? Is it possible im in a mid shed after one month on meds?

I feel something I did kicked my MPB into hyperdrive. Can prescription drugs do this? If so which ones?

Im going to see Dr Robert Bernstein in NYC next week for professional advice but this forum has been extremely educational. From what Ive read, it seems propecia helps with thinning, not hairline recession, so Im hoping for the best. Thank you for any help.

Some think finasteride works on the hairline as well. The thing is, I believe, is it was only tested for the crown - and therefore only approved for the crown.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hi TY

Yes, my hairloss kicked in as well .. I was about 23 and it started falling out like crazy making me think I did something to cause this ( vitmin, shampoo, diet).. Unfortunately, it was just regular MPB.. Propecia was not available at the time so I was basically screwed until I could get it.. when I did it stopped my loss..

So I would recommend starting on that to start with if you agree with medical treatment and after a trip to the doctor.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!