Did any doctors know Dr. C.P. Chambers Chambers Hair Institue?

I'm not a doctor but I had HT work done by Dr. Chambers in 1983 and 1993. The first work was pluggy. By 1993, Dr. Chambers had devised an elliptical shaped graft which was much more natural looking. By today's standards, even this graft would be considered outdated. If he were alive today there is no doubt he would be doing all FU work.

Thanks for the reply!! What a shame he got killed in that plane crash! I have had some work done by him back in like 95 to like 98. I happy with the work he did. The only area that I am concerned about is the scarring area.

He used a method called "the dovetail" to suture the donor area. I think this may have caused some added scar tissue to form. When I had a procedure in 2002, I required a lot of shots of novocaine to get numb back there. Some of the scar tissue was removed along with the strip so my head feels very smooth back there now.

How did your procedure go? Where did you get it done if you don't mine me asking? Are they still in Miami? If so who was the doctor that did you procedure? Overall are you happy with the work that they have done for you? If you don't mind anwering these quesetions. icon_wink.gif I might go to see them at some point and see what they think the next step should be for me! I have had a lot of work done though and I am only 27! I started having full male pattern baldness at 20. It was then that I started getting the HT! My donor area feels smooth like you were saying yours does. How does your donor area look overall?

Thanks for your replys BTW!! icon_biggrin.gif

Stim, sorry for the slow response. I'll tell you all that I know. A few months ago I decided to search the internet for info about Dr. Chambers. I found some information including a picture of the plane crash. I also found a web site for Chambers Hair Institute which has dwindled down to one location. It is run by a colleage of Dr. Chambers. I believe it is located in Boca Raton Florida. I don't know anything about the quality of work being done there. I thought that Dr. Chambers had a son who was going to continue his work but I guess I was wrong.

My latest work was done by Dr. Koher out of High Point NC. He doesn't get much attention from this forum, but I like him. The most important thing is that I have gotten very good results from him. He has a great staff and always gives a lot of extra grafts(at no extra charge) every time he does a procedure.

never heard of him. I had 2 procedures with Chambers where one of his associate doctors worked on me. I don't remember their names. One guy actually put a stitch in each pluggy graft which caused the graft to be recessed. I can still feel these "pits" in my head. I hope I don't ever have to take chemo-therapy because my head will really look scary.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I see that Dr. David P. Kelsey now is running the "Kelsey Clinic" in New Buffalo, MI. The URL is (link removed)

Anyone have any experience with Dr. Kelsey since these initial posts back in 2004?

<span class="ev_code_red">Important Moderator Note:</span>

Blatant Promotions and Solicitations are not allowed here. See our terms of service for more information.

Failure to comply to these rules will result in suspension of posting privileges. Thank you.

Bill - Moderator

Holy Promotional Links, Batman!!

Why dredge up a 3-year old thread for any other reason? I reported your post so hopefully the link will be removed in short order.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.