Hair Transplantation

Vijay

Hi room

I registered with this forum today and this is my first posting.

I have a serious dandruff problem and which is leading to a decrease in the density of my hair.

so if i go for a hair transplantation and after that if my problem still persists then would there be any impact on the treatment.

Hi room

I registered with this forum today and this is my first posting.

I have a serious dandruff problem and which is leading to a decrease in the density of my hair.

so if i go for a hair transplantation and after that if my problem still persists then would there be any impact on the treatment.

V, dandruff can be a problem. One thing about dandruff - the thinner a persons hair gets, the less dandruff there is. This probably does not make you feel better however. I would'nt let this stop you from getting an HT if you want to get one. Try using several different shampoos. Use a different one each day. This approach seems to work better than just going though the same bottle of whatever. By the time you're half way through - the dandruff has gotten used to it.

Vijay, I had the same problem where severe dandruff was causing me to literary scratch my hair out. I've tried a few different shampoos in the past but for me Nizoral works the best.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Hi

Nizoral works great.

JB

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I don't believe the above statement is true...but never having a dandruff problem, I have never researched the topic. That being said...if dandruff is a problem for you, try Head and Shoulders or Nizoral shampoo 2X a week.

So in regards to having an HT...if you have an HT, dandruff shouldn't affect the growth or cause a problem for an HT. Dandruff by itself is a separate problem altogether

Hope this helps.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

I don't believe the above statement is true...but never having a dandruff problem, I have never researched the topic. That being said...if dandruff is a problem for you, try Head and Shoulders or Nizoral shampoo 2X a week.

So in regards to having an HT...if you have an HT, dandruff shouldn't affect the growth or cause a problem for an HT. Dandruff by itself is a separate problem altogether

Hope this helps.

Bill

Bill,

I believe the statement is true from personal experience. My hairloss was at its most severe sometime after starting Propecia when I had severe dandruff where it was so bad I was literally scratching my hair out. After a while I noticed the density of my hair was noticeably thinner. I have no doubt that my hair would be in a better condition now if I had began using Nizoral earlier. The best anti-dandruff shampoo I have used is definitely Nizoral.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by JakeVig:

Bill,

I believe the statement is true from personal experience. My hairloss was at its most severe sometime after starting Propecia when I had severe dandruff where it was so bad I was literally scratching my hair out. After a while I noticed the density of my hair was noticeably thinner. I have no doubt that my hair would be in a better condition now if I had began using Nizoral earlier. The best anti-dandruff shampoo I have used is definitely Nizoral.

causation...correlation...chicken..egg... Maybe the thinning process caused the dandruf?

JakeVig,

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree that the two are correlated.

There are many men, including a close friend of mine who have a bad dandruff problem and a thick head of hair without any traces of thinning. He's had a dandruff problem for 10 years. So your personal experience I do not discount...but I'm sure the hair that was falling out was destined to fall out due to MPB, not because of dandruff. Now your constant itching may have facilitated the process....but surely it didn't cause it.

Bill

Vijay,

Does your hair loss follow the typical male-pattern baldness loss pattern as depicted on the Hamilton/Norwood Scale? If so, then you can be 99% sure that your hair loss is due to male-pattern baldness. However, if your hair loss appears to be more sporadic and occurs in patches, you should see a dermotologist to determine what the exact cause is. You may have severe inflammation that can contribute significantly to hair loss. It is important to have your existing scalp conditions under control before proceeding with surgical hair restoration.

I agree with JakeVig that Nizoral 2% can be a HUGE benefit for someone with dandruff and itchy scalp. Other medicated shampoos such as Neutrogena's T-Sal and T-Gel added into the rotation can help too.

You never said if you were using any medications to combat your hair loss such as Propecia or Minoxidil. You definitely shouldn't use minoxidil until you get your current scalp condition straightened out as it can be very irritating even to healthy scalps. However, Propecia may be an option for you at this time and should definitely be strongly considered before surgical hair restoration and for the long-haul after the procedure.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog