5 Month update.

Hey HTers,

Sorry for my absense the past two months. I've been slammed busy. It is actually a good thing to be pre-occupied whie the HT starts to grow in. I updated my blog with pics from months 2, 3, and 5 (the 4s got eaten by a giant purple troll - no really).

I should be coming out of "hiding" in the next few weeks. We had major changes at work. The good news was b/c we were putting in such odd hours, hats were the norm!

Anyway, at a little over 5 months now I'm starting to see some real difference. If I'm at 45% or so of growing then I think I will be thrilled by the 1-yr mark. Dr. Lehr told me that the average to see significant growth was 6 months, but the real judge of the procedure shouldn't be done for one year. I've read lots of places (H&W, Baldingblog, etc) that 8 months is where the money is! I have never wanted to age another year so quickly in my life. icon_smile.gif

I'll try not to be so scarce.

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

Hey HTers,

Sorry for my absense the past two months. I've been slammed busy. It is actually a good thing to be pre-occupied whie the HT starts to grow in. I updated my blog with pics from months 2, 3, and 5 (the 4s got eaten by a giant purple troll - no really).

I should be coming out of "hiding" in the next few weeks. We had major changes at work. The good news was b/c we were putting in such odd hours, hats were the norm!

Anyway, at a little over 5 months now I'm starting to see some real difference. If I'm at 45% or so of growing then I think I will be thrilled by the 1-yr mark. Dr. Lehr told me that the average to see significant growth was 6 months, but the real judge of the procedure shouldn't be done for one year. I've read lots of places (H&W, Baldingblog, etc) that 8 months is where the money is! I have never wanted to age another year so quickly in my life. icon_smile.gif

I'll try not to be so scarce.

Toad

Toad,

Welcome back bro. I hope you will post some pictures for us soon so we can see your progress so far.

I'd put more money on 8 months than 6 months...but true evaluations can begin at 12 months, at I guess we'll call the end of the first phase of maturation. Further softening and thickening can occur up to 18 months.

Oh and watch out for that purple troll...that bastard :P

Bill

Hey Bill,

I've been following your progress. Very impressive! Especially from the front on view. Hasson does very nice work.

Did you get a chance to look at my blog? I do have pics of other angels, but the pics I posted are the ones that keep me anonymous. icon_smile.gif I still have to doctor the other ones, but like I said work has been crazy.

I notice from my 5 month pictures at my blog that you can clearly see what I do - which is my right side is growing in faster than my left. But at the same time the left sometimes looks thicker. If I run my hand over my head slowly in the mirror I can see lots of little transparent hairs. That is very exciting.

Happy growing!

Toad

Hey Toad,

Thanks for the updates. Really looks like your starting to turn the corner. I looked at your before/afters again and really like the quality of work that is depicted with respect to density and small incisions.

I'm with Bill, I think you'll notice a real change at 8 months, maybe 9..........everyone grows differently.

Hang in there and keep the updates coming.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Hairbank (I'd like to make a withdrawel please! icon_smile.gif)

I appreciate you taking the time to assess the work. I only really have Dr(s) or this forum to go by. I think the work was done excellently as well. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Lehr thus far.

I will hang in there. But truely appreciate the suport. The rough part of the process is behind me and I encourage anyone who is going through those first few months to hold out hope and not despair. I'm so glad that I did go forward and get the HT. If it hadn't been for the resource of this forumn, I might have never done it, or at a minimum freaked out those first two and a half months!

I'll keep the updates coming.

Toad