FUE doctors in NYC?

Hi - I'm a NW2 in my late 20's. Have been using Propecia and minoxidil for a year. While they seemed to slow my receding hairline, I haven't really seen any regrowth in those areas.

I've been doing some research on my options to get some work done on my hairline as I've been losing hair mostly at the hairline (particularly at the temples, crown area seems fine). After running across this forum - and btw, this is an excellent resource, there are some great posts and u guys saved me the mistake of Bosley/MHR - I had two quick questions:

I wear my hair short (#2 or 3 blade buzzed) and am therefore thinking about getting a FUE procedure for the temple areas (FUE b/c I've read the scars are less visible if the procedure is done right). First, am I right to consider FUE at this point? And second, who are the best doctors in the NYC area for such a procedure? Worth considering traveling out of town for a top FUE surgeon or no?

Tks in advance and again, keep up the great work here, I'm thrilled to find a forum where there's honest exchange of opinions and perspectives.

Hi - I'm a NW2 in my late 20's. Have been using Propecia and minoxidil for a year. While they seemed to slow my receding hairline, I haven't really seen any regrowth in those areas.

I've been doing some research on my options to get some work done on my hairline as I've been losing hair mostly at the hairline (particularly at the temples, crown area seems fine). After running across this forum - and btw, this is an excellent resource, there are some great posts and u guys saved me the mistake of Bosley/MHR - I had two quick questions:

I wear my hair short (#2 or 3 blade buzzed) and am therefore thinking about getting a FUE procedure for the temple areas (FUE b/c I've read the scars are less visible if the procedure is done right). First, am I right to consider FUE at this point? And second, who are the best doctors in the NYC area for such a procedure? Worth considering traveling out of town for a top FUE surgeon or no?

Tks in advance and again, keep up the great work here, I'm thrilled to find a forum where there's honest exchange of opinions and perspectives.

Thanks NoBuzz, I appreciate the feedback, will definitely do a consult with Dr. Feller.

I also noted that Dr. Bernstein - who's gotten great reviews here - also does FUE procedures. Same goes with Dr's True and Dorin. Does anyone have feedback on how they stack-up with Dr. Feller when it comes to FUE? Tks in advance again.

JerseyGuy

hello jerseyguy,

yes, there has been great feedback given from our network on these doctors u mentioned bernstein and true, but i do not know much of thier fue. (i dont think patients posted thier results from fue from them, but strip.

well just to make sure to give you some information, the thing that differentiate FUE doctors is

1)the ammount that can be pulled.

i heard that armani can yield 2000 grafts from FUE.

im not sure the ammount Feller can pull, but i think its around 1500 per session (dont quote me on this)

and the other i am not sure how much they can yeild.

while this is not a problem for you because you say your a norwood 2, but it is important for people who are norwood 5-6 as it would take several years to get the results they want.

another important factor is thier yield

while strip i beleive is 98% of grafts survive, i think its around 90-95% yeild, i think the difference in the two yields is decreasing but they are still our only facts.

well anyway here are several procedures from feller on FUE.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=148122

Hi

First of all if you are in your 20's be careful and make sure to do some extensive research about having a HT this early. As far as Dr' True, as you can see, I have had 3 Ht's with him. My results have been superior ( All FUT) and I am very happy but I am still 3 months post op from #3..

I'm sure their FUE is up there with the others but call them and see. Ask for pics and patients references.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!