New to the site

Hello everyone, I am new on the fourms and I just wanted to thank all of you for all your feedback that has helped me decide on a doctor. Since I been on the fourms I canceled two consultations.My first was with Bosley & my 2nd was with Dr.Pomerantz. Since then I have picked

Dr.Raymind Konior to do the operation.

I was just about to order a new car till I looked in the mirror and felt very depressed.

It's alot of money to spend on hair but I will no longer stay away from family or friend because I am worried about what will be said about my thinning hair.

It seems like the front of my head went really bald over the past 3 weeks icon_confused.gif

If anyone has any feedback about Dr.Raymind please let me know.

Thanks

Tony

Newscan.gif

Hello everyone, I am new on the fourms and I just wanted to thank all of you for all your feedback that has helped me decide on a doctor. Since I been on the fourms I canceled two consultations.My first was with Bosley & my 2nd was with Dr.Pomerantz. Since then I have picked

Dr.Raymind Konior to do the operation.

I was just about to order a new car till I looked in the mirror and felt very depressed.

It's alot of money to spend on hair but I will no longer stay away from family or friend because I am worried about what will be said about my thinning hair.

It seems like the front of my head went really bald over the past 3 weeks icon_confused.gif

If anyone has any feedback about Dr.Raymind please let me know.

Thanks

Tony

Newscan.gif

Rockwell I know it's a lot of money but this is the way I look at it. Most people use their car for less than 2 hours per day and it normally losses more than $10,000 in value in less than 3 years while you can enjoy your hair for 24 hours per day and it should last you a lifetime. I don't know how old you are but lets say it should last 30 years at least so you tell me which is the better value?

Rockwell,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research Forums.

I am glad to read that the forums have been as valuable in your research as you say.

Dr. Raymond Konior has a few patients that have posted their experiences here on the forums. A quick keyword search (located under the "Find" button - be sure to uncheck the box that limits your search) for the word "Konior" should bring you some results of what others are saying.

Best of luck with your research and upcoming procedure. There are lots of great guys (and ladies) here that are very knowledgeable to share your experiences and questions with.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks tntiger icon_smile.gifI agree! Every day that goes by I just keep thinking a hoping I picked the

guy to do my tp.No matter how bad I feel about surgery this is something I need to do so I can have peace within my life without thinking about my hair.

Now this guy looks good bald icon_eek.gif

headshot.gif.a11040cad46c644fe0bc1337972fc0ec.gif

Newscan.gif

• Administrators

Rockwell,

Welcome to our community. I'm glad you have found your way to the surgeon who in my opinion is by far the best in Chicago and one of the very best by international standards.

I visited Dr. Konior this past summer and spent the day with him and his staff as they did surgery. Dr. Konior and the whole staff are absolutely first rate from start to finish. To read the highlights from my visit, click here.

I'd wish you luck but you won't need it. Keep us all posted on your progress and experiences.

Welcome in advance to the real "hair club".

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yeah Man, I changed my mind plenty of times in the past five years. I just had the procedure done on december 5th, I had the consultation two weeks before. I had to made an impulsive decision to just do it, i'm glad it's finally done. I thinks it's worth the money if it makes you feel better about yourself. I really tried the bald thing for the past six years, other people love it, but it didn't work for me anymore. I couldn't image living the rest of my life bald and not happy with my appearance.

Good luck.

Ya know, I was driving my girlfriends Audi. THe sunroof , the mirror. I should do something about this thinning hair of mine. Bam, I went for a consult.Of course I was a great candidate. Complictions "none".Two weeks later the fateful day . I was buthchered.Now concerned more than ever about future hairloss my long scar and looking like some vain freak.Have fun.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Originally posted by Mahair:

Ya know, I was driving my girlfriends Audi. THe sunroof , the mirror. I should do something about this thinning hair of mine. Bam, I went for a consult.Of course I was a great candidate. Complictions "none".Two weeks later the fateful day . I was buthchered.Now concerned more than ever about future hairloss my long scar and looking like some vain freak.Have fun.

Easy, Mahair. Rockwell did his research and is going to a physician that I would have absolutely no hesitations in going to.

Your opinion is always welcome, however, hair restoration surgery can bring benefit if performed correctly and carefully, as has been shown time and again.

Pat recently visited Dr. Konior's clinic and wrote a detailed summary here.

Seeing as how you met Pat in person, you should be able to attest for his sincerity in looking out for the benefit of the patient first and foremost, can you honestly justify your comment as fair?

Your post makes it sound like this guy is going to be "butchered" by Dr. Konior. That is hardly a fair assessment whether you meant it or not. Please rethink your post.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Yes I met Pat, He is a stand up guy. I trust him and appreciate his efforts. Regardless of what I have heard.He is the only person in this field I know of that has said "0" grafts to a hairlosss sufferer. In addition, other than "Dr." Magdalin . I considered myself to be a good judge of charecter.Pat looks great. But remember he was counting back from zero not the other way around.He also went to Shapiro.

Pat I enjoyed your company and wisdom. You are a stand up guy. But I refuse to be belittled on this forum.This forum saved me even though I lost everything. Why do people refute what I am saying? It happens period.And to Robert you turned out great but I feel you think this is typical and its not.I asked Dr. Shapiro if I actually was a "candidate" and he said yes for propecia.This is not some benign procedure and people need to know that.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

• 3 months later...

Well guys it's been a long wait but my time has come. April 4th I will be having my TP @ 6:30 am and I will be posting a PIC of my hairline this weekend.

Again thanks to all for the info you have provided me.

Newscan.gif

Originally posted by Rockwell:

Well guys it's been a long wait but my time has come. April 4th I will be having my TP @ 6:30 am and I will be posting a PIC of my hairline this weekend.

Again thanks to all for the info you have provided me.

Good luck, buddy. Can't wait for the updates.

-Robert

Originally posted by Mahair:

And to Robert you turned out great but I feel you think this is typical and its not.I asked Dr. Shapiro if I actually was a "candidate" and he said yes for propecia.This is not some benign procedure and people need to know that.

I feel you need to ask me what I think instead of assuming what I think. Just because I think that a hair restoration procedure can be a positive life changing experience if performed by the right physician for a patient with the right characteristics doesn't make me a cheerleader for the entire industry. If you'd take a look at over half of my posts, they are dedicated to talking people OUT of rushing into procedures without first looking into medication or other means of finding adequate means of dealing with their hair loss.

Personally, I'm getting a bit tired of your constant negative one-sentence remarks to new persons coming to the forums looking for answers. A typical scenario will play out as follows:

New poster: "Hey I want to know about hair transplants."

Mahair: "You will most assuredly get butchered."

If I cared to do a simple search I could find at least 10 or 12 instances of you doing this. Do you really think you are helping these people? If you do, you are sorely mistaken. All they are going to think is, "Gee, I went to that site looking for help and some jackass blew me off. Maybe I'll find some more info over on this other site..." and then they run over to some other hair loss "resource center" where the posters swear that rubbing donkey entrails on their heads will work wonders instead of staying here and finding truly helpful information.

Don't judge me as some cheerleader leading people down a path just because I believe in a great hair transplant procedure. I know the good that can come from it because I'm living it. The doctor that butchered you pissed in your Cheerios, not the posters here. Calm yourself down and help out or get lost.

Rockwell, sorry to hijack your thread. I have seen Dr. Konior's work and I know that he looks out for his patients. I wished you good luck before but you won't need it. You chose a great doc.

-Robert