Fin help

mrsamsonite

A couple of things...

I started taking 1 mg of fin about 3 months ago, I know its early but it seems like it is not working at all and my hair loss seems like it is getting worse. I am currently taking 1 mg once a day everday in the morning, I am wondering if I should increase to taking it two times a day, if that would work any better?

Also,

I got the fin I am currently taking from an online pharmacy called 4rx.com. I am wondering if anyone has tried them before. I dont know if the fin I am taking is even legit. It came in a brown bag and not the box w/o any directions. The actual pill is pure white w/o anything on it at all, just very small and circular. I wonder if thats the problem also.

Doctors have told me it takes 9 months to a year before you start to see results from fin.

Also, I don't think taking more will help your hair loss. In fact some docs are recommending a dose of 1 mg every other day to achieve about the same level of DHT prohibition. You can check around but I've seen reports stating that the study results Merc did not publish indicates that a 20% of the 1 mg dose gives almost the same protection as the full 1 mg dose.

Others chime in please.

I've heard that 'shedding' can occur initially after starting the finasteride... Supposedly that is a sign that its actually working. Carolina is right, give it a year. Check the "Find" feature as there is a couple of real success stories on these meds.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week