Deramal abrasion on "cobblestoning"

nobelvictim

Dear All,

Have any of you considered or, indeed used dermal abrasion such as acid peals or 'sand blasting' on hair transplant wounds like recipiant slits, cobblestoning, ridging etc?

Would these methods be of any benifit in removing some of the micro graft era's abnormalitys?

With thanks

NV

Dear All,

Have any of you considered or, indeed used dermal abrasion such as acid peals or 'sand blasting' on hair transplant wounds like recipiant slits, cobblestoning, ridging etc?

Would these methods be of any benifit in removing some of the micro graft era's abnormalitys?

With thanks

NV

I have not done any kind of resurfacing, but I have a few comments...

Is your main concern the elevation? If you were planning to have those grafts revised (for example if they are too tufty or the follicles are angled badly) then removing some of the follicles with FUE or "coring" will "de-bulk" the graft and often it lays flatter. To say it more directly, if you remove some of the follicles surgically, then the graft has less volume and usually lays flatter.

I have problems with pitting and cobblestones, but I have never wanted to subject myself to dermabrasion or anything that causes scabbing and peeling. I've herad there are now "cool" lasers that do not remove the surface... they penetrate deeply, and stimulate collagen production (I think that's the story) and somehow the scalp heals a little flatter.

I believe Dr. Jones in Toronto uses this laser (V Beam) and he also does FUE, which is a good technique for graft revision. I would suggest that you need to have someone examine you in person. Repairs are tricky so I suggest that you meet with several doctors and do as much research as possible. Dr. Jones has a patient named Dave who posts under the name hotty_ca, he recommended the V Beam to me, and I am thinking about it.

Cool lasers are kind of new, and so it may take a little legwork to track down a clinic that uses them and has experience.

The issue I have with dermabrasion is that it can cause changes in the skin color and texture.