Lots of Loss

I have lost a lot of my hair, front, top and back. Has anyone had a HT with this much loss? How did it turn out? The Bosley sales guy said my donor area was only about 1800 - 2400 FU's. Is this enough FU's to even consider having a HT? I read about guys having 3500 FU's transplanted and then go back for round two and I'm thinking I don't have enough.

Second, has anyone used a doctor in Florida? What results?

Thanks,

Tomy51

I have lost a lot of my hair, front, top and back. Has anyone had a HT with this much loss? How did it turn out? The Bosley sales guy said my donor area was only about 1800 - 2400 FU's. Is this enough FU's to even consider having a HT? I read about guys having 3500 FU's transplanted and then go back for round two and I'm thinking I don't have enough.

Second, has anyone used a doctor in Florida? What results?

Thanks,

Tomy51

• 2 years later...

Hi Tomy51,

Did the Bosley sales rep scientifically calculate your donor density or did the rep make an assumption based on a visual observation? Very few sales reps have any clinical training, neither are they allowed to practice medicine.

Was there a Bosley doctor present that physically examined your donor areas, took precise hair count within several defined areas, measured your recipient areas, etc? Then were your density levels documented in a chart along with the other pertinent notes?

If not, then you can be assured that you were provided a guess or a simple estimate of what that person thought.

It appears that you have not had a HT procedure before but certainly feel free to correct me if I am wrong. The graft ranges you were given sound very low for a virgin donor area. The average patient has much higher donor levels to where ultimately 5,000 to 6500 grafts could be safely harvested in the hands of a skilled proven HT surgeon.

So you really owe it to yourself to get another opinion based on an actual clinical approach as I outlined above. Then and only then will you have an "accurate" idea of your total potential for hair restoration. Once you have all of the facts, based on your own personal profile, I truly hope you will be able to acheive the realistic goals you have in mind. Best wishes to you Tomy51!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I don't know why this post is coming back, it's over 3 years old and I doubt Tomy51 is still browsing this forum (no post since 2002).

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day