do u believe DHI garantee form

hi first of all i would like to say thankx very much to all of u who help me 2 find a right doc and given me advises specially richi petesman chucky and all others

secondly i went to DHI Ireland free consultation they said got good healthy don i need 4600 but got 4000 hairs

they said

1 written garantee

2 can provide 100s of successful patients meet them and ask them about DHI

now guys help me again what is the best for me i can't travel to any other country

they sent me a written garantee form is this any good if anything wrong after surgery

DHI Ireland Ltd

Procedure Guarantee

Terms of guarantee:

Date of DHI procedure:

Name of the client

Address of the client: Ireland

DHI Medical Group guarantees that 90% of the hairs placed should grow through within a 12 month period. As there are always 10% of the follicles in the telogen phase at any time, it is only possible that 90% of the follicles placed can grow.

Following an evaluation appointment with a DHI Medical Director 12 months or more from the procedure date, should the pro-scope digital camera check show that less than 90% of the hairs have grown through then the company is obligated to replace those hairs at no charge to the client.

It is imperative that the client does not expose his / her recipient area to hot direct sunlight for one month following the procedure, as this can severely disturb the growth of the newly placed follicles. The client may indeed sit in hot direct sunlight but only while wearing a cap to cover the recipient site.

We do not recommend the use of any chemicals on the scalp for 8 weeks following the procedure. The client should apply only baby shampoo to the recipient site for the first 8 weeks following the procedure.

The client is permitted / encouraged to apply minoxidil 5% or regaine 5% to the scalp from the 4th week post procedure. We do not recommend application of a strength higher than 5%.

Signature of DHI Ireland Manager or Director:_Kim Nicholls______________

Date:___________________

hi first of all i would like to say thankx very much to all of u who help me 2 find a right doc and given me advises specially richi petesman chucky and all others

secondly i went to DHI Ireland free consultation they said got good healthy don i need 4600 but got 4000 hairs

they said

1 written garantee

2 can provide 100s of successful patients meet them and ask them about DHI

now guys help me again what is the best for me i can't travel to any other country

they sent me a written garantee form is this any good if anything wrong after surgery

DHI Ireland Ltd

Procedure Guarantee

Terms of guarantee:

Date of DHI procedure:

Name of the client

Address of the client: Ireland

DHI Medical Group guarantees that 90% of the hairs placed should grow through within a 12 month period. As there are always 10% of the follicles in the telogen phase at any time, it is only possible that 90% of the follicles placed can grow.

Following an evaluation appointment with a DHI Medical Director 12 months or more from the procedure date, should the pro-scope digital camera check show that less than 90% of the hairs have grown through then the company is obligated to replace those hairs at no charge to the client.

It is imperative that the client does not expose his / her recipient area to hot direct sunlight for one month following the procedure, as this can severely disturb the growth of the newly placed follicles. The client may indeed sit in hot direct sunlight but only while wearing a cap to cover the recipient site.

We do not recommend the use of any chemicals on the scalp for 8 weeks following the procedure. The client should apply only baby shampoo to the recipient site for the first 8 weeks following the procedure.

The client is permitted / encouraged to apply minoxidil 5% or regaine 5% to the scalp from the 4th week post procedure. We do not recommend application of a strength higher than 5%.

Signature of DHI Ireland Manager or Director:_Kim Nicholls______________

Date:___________________

It is illegal in the US to guarantee ANY surgical procedure. You will find most HT doctors do offer to replace any hairs that do not grow at no charge during a second procedure. We have found that 97-98% of the follicles placed do re-grow. We also give 1-2% of the total follicles placed at no charge in an effort to keep from having to do a second procedure of 100 grafts or less. (3000 grafts X 2% = 60 grafts, even 10% is only 300)

I am a hair restoration client and have 10 years experience in the hair restoration industry, all my views are my own

I have met quite a few italian patients that have work(if you call it that) done by DHI. My experience with DHI is that they are very money oriented and I rather go bald then have them touch my head.

KG who used to post on here I believe is the owner, he talked so much BS and self promotion but never had anything to back his claims. The guarantee in my opinion is another marketing tool to get you in there. Be careful!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...

hi i m plannin a dhi session but m confused to the core i dont know what to do . i hav given an advance and my dates have also come. how u i back out now? sould i take achance n go 4 it or wait till m totally sure. i m from india n i guess dhi i d best out there according to d researce i have done. PLEASE HELP

• Moderators
Originally posted by The Goz:

It is illegal in the US to guarantee ANY surgical procedure.

I don't know if it's illegal or not, but I can assure you it does happen. I paid $150 per procedure to guarantee no scars and an increase in hair in my donor area since that area was beginning to thin as well.

You will find most HT doctors do offer to replace any hairs that do not grow at no charge during a second procedure.

You're right they do that which is pretty much the same as a guarantee. The problem is it's a lie and impossible to do. Any hair that does not grow is gone forever. They can't ever replace it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I did some research on DHI a few months ago, I was focusing on their Athens office where some of the founders still operate I believe. My overall impression is that this is a Hair mill in all it's splendor, the guarantees are shady and meaningless, the patient reports are even more scary than those from Bosley.

Be Happy

I wish you could get someone to teach me how to guarantee no scars! I was recently deposed on another doctor's malpractice case, and several experts and me stated that every transection of the skin leaves a scar. Now, doctors can attempt to make it a very fine scar or minimally noticable, but there will be a scar.

As to guarantees, I believe that some states may differ on their rules, but the honest doctor will only guarantee to do his/her best; not guarantee a result. People aren't math where 2 + 2 is alway 4. People are chemistry, where results are often reproducible, but variations in other factors (temperature, salt content etc) can influence an outcome. Or the results are just non-sense...remember Cold Fusion in 1988 was to solve all energy problems forever.

Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Moderators
Originally posted by dr. lindsey:

Be Happy

I wish you could get someone to teach me how to guarantee no scars!

LOL! I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. Let me try again. What I meant was this:

There's no way to make sure you don't get any scars, but that doesn't stop some Drs from telling you that they can guarantee that you won't have any. Some Drs (Dr Gary Hitzig, Dr John Schwinning, Dr James Malecka of L.I. Medical Associates and later Hitzig/Schwinning Medical Group) will even let you pay extra to get that guarantee. I paid $150 per procedure for the first 9 procedures which comes to $1350 that I paid for a guarantee of no scars and increased hair in the donor area. Obviously that was a major rip-off. I don't even feel I ever gave informed consent because the consent form mentioned nothing about scars or what the procedure actually was supposed to do. You can see my actual consent form here.

http://members.aol.com/longscars/htconsentform.jpg

That's it. That's the ENTIRE consent form!!

I was recently deposed on another doctor's malpractice case, and several experts and me stated that every transection of the skin leaves a scar.

Where were Drs like you years ago when I needed you for my lawsuit? Years ago there weren't enough Drs or lawyers that knew enough about a hair transplant to want to take the case. These days every HT Dr does repair cases, but 15 years ago almost all of them refused to touch anyone who had already started a HT from someone else. You were pretty much stuck going to the same place if you wanted to try to continue it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Be Happy

First off, there is a BIG difference between a poor result and malpractice. While I am not a lawyer, I did take a law school class at the University of Richmond 2 years ago on malpractice law. About half of the students were doctors, mostly OB-GYNs and half were law students. So take what I say here with a grain of salt.

To find someone guilty of malpractice, the plaintiff has to show a breach of duty, some type of damage (often that will look like it is worth way more than the 50k the plaintiff's lawyer will spend getting the case to trial, and then enough more damage has to appear to let the plaintiff lawyer make some money while giving 2/3's of the award to the patient), and show that the damage was a proximate cause of some breach of the standard of care by the defendent.

And in a field like hair restoration, who defines the standard of care? Just on this site alone, you can read VERY different opinions by well respected doctors. Thus you can imagine the difficulty in establishing a breach of the standard of care with regard to hair. In fact, over a casual conversation with colleagues at a recent meeting, the only type of hair procedure that is likely to even 'possibly' result in such damages being obvious enough for a jury to see tends to come from old scalp reductions. They are the only procedures which consistently have the chance of leaving a "disfiguring scar" that "looks bad enough for juries".

Now I am not saying that it impossible to commit malpractice in hair surgery; but it may be relatively difficult to prove it as opposed to say leaving a sponge in an abdomen or working on the wrong body part. And even for the unfortunate folks who may be disfigured by any type of surgery, it is hard to guess what a jury will award. Hence, in my understanding of the process, very reputable trial lawyers will spend their resources on more of a "sure thing" ie wrong leg, sponge left in, mis diagnosis.

Dissatisfaction with results is not easy to deal with for the patient, and probably harder to get anything substantial from the doctor. Most doctors who are honest will at least try to make someone more satisfied with a touchup procedure, if indicated, but even that doesn't guarantee happiness.

Open discussion on forums such as these are probably the best way to pick a good doctor in the first place. Although even here, I have seen in the few months I have been contributing, people trashing each other (doctors and patients), so it is best to find out as much as you can on your own, and make the best decisions you can. That applies to hair, buying a house, raising kids etc.

Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians