What do you think of this?

Optimus Prime

I saw this on the HLH forum and wanted to gauge people's opinions on this result.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=81786

Whilst the stock answer would be if the patient is happy than thats all that matters.

But still interested to hear what others have to say.

I saw this on the HLH forum and wanted to gauge people's opinions on this result.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=81786

Whilst the stock answer would be if the patient is happy than thats all that matters.

But still interested to hear what others have to say.

If i saw this guy, i would not think he had a transplant, especially a normal person who knows nothing about HT would not suspect. BUT he has gone from balding/bald to major thinning, so he will still get the comments; if not more when he trys to comb over and hide the thinning. IMO unless you can get a HT that end results show minor receeding/thinning, its not worth it, because ultimately you still are in the balding process that you had the HT to stop-just does not make sense, spending so much money on something that has not solved the problem and now he cant just buzz it all of because of the scar! He is also pretty young for a HT i think like others have said the hairline should have been further back!

Optimus,

I've seen this thread previously and know that Dr. Rassman took some slack because of it.

But what people don't recognize is that he covered a huge bald area with only 3000 grafts.

Dr. Rassman could have taken a number of approaches, but remember that patient goals (which we don't know unless they are explained to us) have everything to do with where hair is placed.

Clearly the approach here was to fully cover the balding area which means some density had to be sacrificed.

If this patient went back for another session of similar size, he'd have much more density and complete the look.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

But considering Dr Rassman said himself that he done the original consultation and laid out a plan where he would weight the hair to the front and to the left of the patient in question but for reasons only apparent between the doctor who did the surgery and the patient, the grafts were evenly distributed over much of the head.

Now reading though some of the comments Dr Said "Bottom line, however, is that this patient is happy and he is bald no longer"

Now i agree what is being said that did the patient tell him he was happy with this result or is this simply an assumption? And he's just satisfied.

Maybe an approach similar to other clinics and maybe providing him with extra grafts to fix it would good.

Do you agree?

But what people don't recognize is that he covered a huge bald area with only 3000 grafts.

yes Bill your right he did... thats the problem here..... the hairline is WAY to low for his severity of hairloss... its possible that the patient wanted this and was aware the result would be extremely thin over all(athough i doubt it) but even if that WAS the case, i , as a doc with a reputation at stake would not do it because i would KNOW what was comming... a thin, transparent, whispy result..... no matter whos decision it was to give create that hair line its was a BAD one..... but the dr did the work.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***