differences bet. propecia and proscar???

i have never heard of a alternative to propecia... is proscar generally the same drug and what are the benefits over propecia which ive been taking for 8 months .. how can i get it??

any replys are appreciated.. thaanx..

i have never heard of a alternative to propecia... is proscar generally the same drug and what are the benefits over propecia which ive been taking for 8 months .. how can i get it??

any replys are appreciated.. thaanx..

These are the same drug. Propecia comes in a

smaller dose of 1mg versus the 5mg dose of Proscar

but the active drug is the same. (The drug company can actually make more money selling the

1mg for hair loss than the 5mg which is used

for prostate hypertrophy). I personally have the

5mg and split them into 1/4 's to = 1.25mg /dose.

My insurance will also cover it and not the Propecia.

Greg Dowless, R.Ph

IBRAHIM - The same doc that prescribed your Propecia may prescribe the Proscar if you ask. Most HT docs must know that patients are quartering the Proscar tabs to save money.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all. i am only 24 yrs old and just recently got on proscar. i heard some disturbing news about it. i was told it can affect your unborn baby in a negative manner. is this true? anyone with any knowledge of this topic, please share. thank you so much for your time and effort

• 3 weeks later...

DHT is important in the formative stages of the sexual organs of a male fetus. Therefore, women who are pregnant must not take or handle broken tablets, or risk child deformity.

That is from Merck. Not word for word, but probably pretty close. If you are married and the wife is pregnant, please keep the pills far away from her as a precaution. That is from Merck as well.