Introducing Bald Spot To Coworkers

I've decided to come clean to my coworkers about my debilitating baldness disease.

I'm just wondering how I should go about doing it, and how people will take it.

I've thought of just saying. These past couple of months, I've been operating under false pretenses. ~take off hat~ I have a bald spot.

What would you do if someone came up to you and did that. Some possible responses from the darkest depths of my mind...

Cool, can I touch it?

The thought of continuing this conversation is as unappealing as you are.

There must be some sort of medicine you can take to stop it.

I was lying when i told you 'have a good one'.

Woo hoo! More Chicks for me!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would have thought you guys would have been bred out of civilization by now.

I've always found bald men to be sexy. But now I know why they can't be trusted.

Put it away, i'll go blind!

My greatest fear, is that I will be ostracized, and that people will roll on the floor until their asses become detached. Actually no, my biggest fear is that in a large group of coworkers, someone will pull my hat off and say, "look everyone! Bald Person is going BALD!".

I can see and hear it now, the shrill screaming of the ladies at work, and a unified stampede toward the door. How can I go on living this way? I have life a LOT worse off then anybody else. Anyways I'm done ranting. I'm gonna go get a ham sandwich.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Baldness defines me as a person.</pre>

Baldness defines me as a person.

I've decided to come clean to my coworkers about my debilitating baldness disease.

I'm just wondering how I should go about doing it, and how people will take it.

I've thought of just saying. These past couple of months, I've been operating under false pretenses. ~take off hat~ I have a bald spot.

What would you do if someone came up to you and did that. Some possible responses from the darkest depths of my mind...

Cool, can I touch it?

The thought of continuing this conversation is as unappealing as you are.

There must be some sort of medicine you can take to stop it.

I was lying when i told you 'have a good one'.

Woo hoo! More Chicks for me!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would have thought you guys would have been bred out of civilization by now.

I've always found bald men to be sexy. But now I know why they can't be trusted.

Put it away, i'll go blind!

My greatest fear, is that I will be ostracized, and that people will roll on the floor until their asses become detached. Actually no, my biggest fear is that in a large group of coworkers, someone will pull my hat off and say, "look everyone! Bald Person is going BALD!".

I can see and hear it now, the shrill screaming of the ladies at work, and a unified stampede toward the door. How can I go on living this way? I have life a LOT worse off then anybody else. Anyways I'm done ranting. I'm gonna go get a ham sandwich.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Baldness defines me as a person.</pre>

Baldness defines me as a person.

Your coworkers will probably notice, think about it for 15 seconds and never think about it again, except to describe you as the bald dude, to others. Doing something like growing a beard or shaving your head before uh coming out with it, can help soften the blow.

Most of the people who are close to you, either personally or even at work, will pick up on how you yourself act about your situation. I made up my mind that I would not be timid or apologetic, and that I would not act embarassed about having taken to "cosmetic" surgery.

Indeed, I seemed to detect a slight bit of envy in the words of some of my friends and associates, like perhaps they wished they too were as easily able to undertake something like this.

However, I have found myself to be almost too open about my surgery. My kids, and my fiance, have asked me to quit telling strangers. They are right, of course, that one can go too far with one's enthusiasm. I sure have. I am trying now, actually, to just forget about it all. Like someone said some time back--"boy, I just can't even remember what you used to look like". I liked that comment very much. And every time I see the Bosley commercial when the guy wonders whether his barber will recognize him, I chuckle to myself, because that thought is absurd, but also, because there is a little bit of truth to it. Just a tiny bit!

I have seldom had so much fun with anything in all my life. To have gone through this transition and to have shared it with so many, it really has been a joy. I highly recommend it to anyone. Well, anyone who is a good candidate, and anyone who takes the time, and puts out the effort to do it right.

Justin, it's very obvious that this guy and his friend (alfer) are f*cking with everybody here. He has added another post stating that propecia has now been banned in Canada. Does anyone know if this is true?

Jokes are one thing but if he is posting inaccurate information then I will email Pat and ask that he be kicked off of this forum and have these threads removed.

The post about Propecia in Canada cinches it. He needs to be kicked off right away.

Most of us take this stuff seriously, and yea, maybe we joke just a little. No harm in that. But when someone obviously is f'ing around with the rest of us, we shouldn't put up with it.

He's probably got a full head of hair, too!?