7 month update. Wet + dry

Dizzy

Hi Dizzy,

Like my brothers here are saying you must get on Finasteride as soon as you can. Your results are fine, FU means Follicular Unit, the strip is the band of scalp that gets cut out from the back of your head, it contains the follicular units. To learn more of the basics click on the Multimedia Hair Loss Learning Center.

We are looking forward to be of more assistance to you in the future.

Dizzy,

Again, don't take offense but I think that unless the pictures are deceiving, you might be too critical of things. The work actually looks very good. I was concerned for you when I saw your pics at 2.5 months because I thought there was no way in hell the density would blend but it appears that it has nicely. Chin up friend, things look good.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi

I updated with some dry pictures.

As for medications (Minoxidil), Im a med student and as far as i remever its a hormonal drug. I also talked to my parents (also doctors) and they talled me that even though adverse effect may apear only in some small % of population no studies have been made on long use of this drug.(or its derivates). I dont want anybody to panic, but to be aware of that.

According to my further hair loss I feel pretty safe. My dad is around 50 and hes only "concern" (not really) is the temples. The same thing with my grandpa frpom my mothers side. My granpha from dad?‚??s side is bold but he is 84 years old. Basicaly only the temples runs in my family, not 100% baldness. Anyhow thanks for you comments and hopfuly my hair line will increase in density in near future!

Take care!

Dizzy-

Both Finasteride and Minoxidil are FDA approved............and Minoxidil has been availabel over-the-counter for some time now. Neither have any long term side effect if you've taken them then stop using. You can search this site for further detail if you'd like.

You really can't predict future loss by looking at any family member no matter how closely or distantly related.........it's a crap shoot. Do some research on this.............personally, in my own family, my father (who i heavily resemble) lost his hair from front to back, I lost mine back to front. My brother (42 yrs old) is a Chia Pet with no hair loss at all, my Grandfather on my mother's side died at 60 yrs old with no hair loss whatsoever. I strongly urge you to think about doing something for loss prevention while your young. I started thinning in the crown when I was your age, never commited to preventatives, and was NW4-5 at age 38 before HT#1. What I'd give to go back 17yrs and be able to take a pill that MAY have saved me HT's altogether........or, at the least, helped me maintain for a much longer period of time.

BTW................dry your hair seems to have pretty good density. If you can take the pic of the dry hairline without the flash it will help..........there seems to be a bit of a glare from the pic you posted. Also, HT hair in the hairline tends to soften over time.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by Dizzy:

hairbank- you wrote: "there seems to be a bit of a glare from the pic you posted"

Sorry but I dont understand what you wrote...probably my english...

Hi Diz-

I'm talking about the pic you posted of your dry hair with your hand pulling it back..........there seems to be a glare from the flash on your camera which makes it a little more difficult to see the hair/hairline. If you can take the picture again without a flash it would help. icon_smile.gif

Make sense?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

yes, a little blurry but I can see the hairs better than the one with a glare from the flash. It looks pretty good.

What you need to do for a better pictures is set the camera down on a hard surface like the vanity top in the bathroom, then put your head in front of it, then take the pic. Also, some camera's have a "close-up" mode. You may want to see if yours does.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

hey dizzy,

your hair looks really good to me. I sort of had the same procedure that you had done and believe me, yours look good man. I always look in the mirror and want more density so I totally understand how you feel. I look at my b4 and after pics and see marginal differences. The only thing is now my hair is a litttle/moderately better than before i got the HT but I'm completely off the rogaine now for one year...had I been off the rogaine with now HT, I'd be a NW3-4.

Your b4 and after pictures look amazing.

looking good buddy....better than mine, at least you can slick your hair back wet, thats a hard feat to do with most HTs. mine looks good when there aren't bright lights and the hair is dry....

0.5 mg Avodart daily since 6/19/06

1950 grafts with Dr. Hasson in the front line 6/19/06.