Serious Itching

Last night I had some massive itching in one spot that I usually get the itch. But this time it was different; it was almost like a burning itch that made me want to really rip at it. Does anyone else have this? Is this normal? The scalp isnt dry, and i'm not sensitive to minoxidil. Also, what are the little stings mean? Lastly, I see a lot of growth cropping up the last week or so, and also see some grafts that never shed, but never grew. They're just there. Will they grow or shed? Its been about 2.5 months now, and they never did anything.

Is the itching in an area that was recently grafted?

Regarding the hairs that did not shed but did not grow: are cysts forming near the exit points from the skin? If the follicle is resting, the hair shaft is not doing you any good. In fact, this can cause skin irritation. If you gently pluck the shafts, I think you will find they slide out easily (and this will not damage the resting follicle).

The best course of action is to call your doc.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

No cysts anywhere, just pimples, and by the way, is it bad for the follicles to squeeze them? The itching is in a area where some transplants were placed. As far as the non growing grafts; when I wash my hair, I usually scrub with my fingertips pretty well, and the never seem to come out. They seemed to grow for a few days after the procedure, but stopped.

John,

It is quite possible that the itch you are experiencing is the activity of the hair grafts underneath. I know that I experienced this kind of itch around this time. I often appeased the itch temporarily by using a brush through it but typically this only caused more itch and made it worse.

Aloe Vera Gel helped me a lot during that time.

If it is getting unbearable however, consult with your physician.

Best wishes,

Bill

JOhn:

If you are having that much discomfort, youshould stop by your doctors office. In some cases I prescribe a topical steroid that can help alleviate the itch. Additioanlly, your doctor should evaluate you for seborrhea as well and consider Nizoral shampoo. As was posted, most of the irritation is likley due to the hair follociles starting to poke through your scalp.

Ricardo Mejia MD

561-748-0510 Jupiter Florida

yes,

I had itching too especially a type of itching/tingling sensation.. Over the course of 12 month you will feel a host of sensations, which is quite normal. If it is extreme see a doc

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!