ht with Dr. Distefano

New member, this is my first post.I have read some posts regarding ht's with Dr. Distefano in Worcester, MA. I had 2814 grafts done on 10/1/2004. overall, it's been a positive experience. He seems to be very competent and skillful. My only concern was that stereoscopic microscopes were not used for dissection. I would welcome any feedback from members on this subject. Thanks.

New member, this is my first post.I have read some posts regarding ht's with Dr. Distefano in Worcester, MA. I had 2814 grafts done on 10/1/2004. overall, it's been a positive experience. He seems to be very competent and skillful. My only concern was that stereoscopic microscopes were not used for dissection. I would welcome any feedback from members on this subject. Thanks.

Terry

Welcome to the forums, there are several of us that have gone to Dr. Distefano with great results. Search on my name and Hair Hope.

I had 2140 grafts in Feb 04 with strong results, can you post pics of your procedure!!

The doc recently asked me to join the team as a part time consultant to showcase his work, that is how happy I am. He also tells me he is using scopes so cannot really address your question.

Good Luck

TMAN

Full time patient and part time consultant Dr. Distefano.

Thanks for your reply,TMAN.I would consider posting my pics, however I have no idea how this is done. Perhaps you can help me. DR. D recently took my 6 month post procedure pics. My pre-op pics were a bit of a surprise to me as my perception of my actual hair loss were much different than the pics showed. Perhaps Dr. D can show them to you. Thanks, Terry.

Hair transplant doctors know how to make your hair look its worst in pre-op photos. Standing your hair on end twisting it into a tuft, combing your hair in certain directions , taking shots at certain angles,straight on, etc.I am sure that they could make Elvis look like a "candidate" In your follow ups they try to cover up the area they were previously exposing by combing over taking the red spectrum out of color and so on . "Dr" Magdalin was doing this with me until I had no hair left to cover anything ,then he started photo shopping my pics.Just one of the many "tricks" of the trade.He actually took pics at 10' away to show me that the bumps were not visible in a picture taken at that distance. I could still see them.He then acused me of be self-critical an not being objective.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Mahair, thank you for your reply. Judging from your postings you had a bad ht experience. I can only relate my own (first) experience with ht. I hope that you find an ht surgeon that can help you. Before my ht, I thought I had asked every question that was essential to making an educated decision.However, unless I write every question down on paper I tend to forget. Fortunately, I feel I made a good choice with Dr. D. He did what he said he would do and I now have a lot of hair where there was none before. Good luck to you. Terry. PS TMAN, if you"re out there, send me a reply concerning pics.

Terry

Welcome to the forums with a lot of happy educated HT recipients.

I also had a great experience with Dr. D, straight forward and delivered on what he said he would.

If you go to NEW on the website toolbar, drop down menu of Photo Album and follow the instructions.

TMAN, I'm still having a problem uploading my pre -op and immediate post-op pics. I get to a point where I'm asked to name a file, and I can't get past that point. I really would like to post my pics. I recently took 8 mo. pics, but have'nt got those back yet. I don't have a digital camera yet, so I am scanning photos into my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Terry M.