How many "mega sessions" are possible.

So, my question is regarding "mega session" HT.

Obviously each and every patient is intensely different to the next. But how many "mega sessions" do we believe are available with each candidate. With many younger men, myself included, now looking for an end and solution to hairloss, obvious concerns such as further hair loss are confronted. Whilst this is exactly why a long term plan and careful use of our oh so precious donor hair is so important, how many 2500 - 3500 sessions are averagly possible. 2,3,4????

Regards

Raphael

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

So, my question is regarding "mega session" HT.

Obviously each and every patient is intensely different to the next. But how many "mega sessions" do we believe are available with each candidate. With many younger men, myself included, now looking for an end and solution to hairloss, obvious concerns such as further hair loss are confronted. Whilst this is exactly why a long term plan and careful use of our oh so precious donor hair is so important, how many 2500 - 3500 sessions are averagly possible. 2,3,4????

Regards

Raphael

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

From my research, it depends on the person/ amount of loss, amount of donor.

There really is no solid answer. Although, I have found it rare that people have more than 2 megasessions. I think 2 would be the average, then other smaller procedures? Again, I can't speak from experience.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

I broadly agree with SpaceBetween. As he pointed out it depends on the patient's individual characteristics in regards to both the amount of donor hair available (which itself depends both on laxity and density) and on the amount of initial loss. It also depends how you define a mega-session. Some clinics probably wouldn't consider 2500 to be a mega-session.

Anyway, the hair bank or amount of available donor hair is quoted on this site as 4000-7500 fu's Multi-Media presentation on what can be acheived Elsewhere I have heard a range of 6500-8500 as being normal. However, I think it would be normal that subsequent sessions would not be as big as the first as there will likely be less laxity to work with.

It is all dependent on how many donor grafts you have and on your scalp's laxity. I have heard the average total grafts is between 8-10,000. The good news is that once you have stripped out your donor you can use fue as an adjunct.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'd say probably 7000- 10K utilzing FUT & FUE

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'd say probably 7000- 10K utilzing FUT & FUE

Yes, my previously quoted figures were just for FUT. Including FUE this ties up quite closely with what I thought.

That does raise the question though, can you have a FUE megasession? My understanding was the sessions were a lot smaller due to the longer process of removing the donor grafts initially.