Mudpuppys initial photo from shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro

I wanted to post mudpuppy's photo on the HTN

He said he had trouble posting them here

I think people wanted to see them

I think after seeing his initial photo it will be more obvious why we were conservative with him at that time. When he arrived at our office he had extemely short hair which influenced our evaluation. It looked as if he occiputal area might drop and his lateral donor above the ear was so thin we worried that even with a fine scar it may show.

I am glad that with propecia and with letting his hair grow it looks like he will have more donor than his initial evaluation indicated. If I had seen him at the 7 month point I would most likely have estimated about 2500-2700 for his second session by the way his donor looked to me now. I hope these photo explain to a small degree why we we were more conservative with him intially

Here is mudpuppy's album

mudpuppy album showing inital potential poor donor

As it turned out Victor(Hasson) was able to get 3200 instead of the 2500-2700 I might have done) And he did a great great job. He and Jerry(Wong) do wonderful work. Victor,Jerry and I are friends and I respect thier work tremendously. I never have an issue when patients elect to go to them becuase I know they will get great work.

On another note I want to appologize for not posting as much. I have been so busy lecturing, writing, and talkng to my patients that I have not really spent alot of time on the internet. It has led to some misconceptions about my current approach which has changed alot in the last 2 years. Even my web site is over 9 years old and is out of date. For example I have done a number of cases greater than 4000 FU and have been creating 1 pass densities of 50+ for years. But I vary my approach tremendously depending on the individual. My numbers can range from 1500 over 4000 and my denisties can range from 25 to over 50 in one pass...depending on the situation and patient. Sometimes the more the better but sometimes it may not be the best choice. Over the next few months I plan on posting and sharing more how and why I approach diffent patients. I hope that patients and visitors to the forums find it helpful. I have been told I am a good teacher and have a knack for putting things in perspective . I hope that I can contribute here. The only problem is that I am so compulsive about getting things right that I can spend hours and hours on a page of text..and not finish it...Writing does not come easy to me...talking does.......However I have decided that if I am going to contribute I cannot worry about it being written perfectly. Better to contribute some even if it is not written well than not contribute at all.

Hope to be in touch soon

Ron Shapiro

I wanted to post mudpuppy's photo on the HTN

He said he had trouble posting them here

I think people wanted to see them

I think after seeing his initial photo it will be more obvious why we were conservative with him at that time. When he arrived at our office he had extemely short hair which influenced our evaluation. It looked as if he occiputal area might drop and his lateral donor above the ear was so thin we worried that even with a fine scar it may show.

I am glad that with propecia and with letting his hair grow it looks like he will have more donor than his initial evaluation indicated. If I had seen him at the 7 month point I would most likely have estimated about 2500-2700 for his second session by the way his donor looked to me now. I hope these photo explain to a small degree why we we were more conservative with him intially

Here is mudpuppy's album

mudpuppy album showing inital potential poor donor

As it turned out Victor(Hasson) was able to get 3200 instead of the 2500-2700 I might have done) And he did a great great job. He and Jerry(Wong) do wonderful work. Victor,Jerry and I are friends and I respect thier work tremendously. I never have an issue when patients elect to go to them becuase I know they will get great work.

On another note I want to appologize for not posting as much. I have been so busy lecturing, writing, and talkng to my patients that I have not really spent alot of time on the internet. It has led to some misconceptions about my current approach which has changed alot in the last 2 years. Even my web site is over 9 years old and is out of date. For example I have done a number of cases greater than 4000 FU and have been creating 1 pass densities of 50+ for years. But I vary my approach tremendously depending on the individual. My numbers can range from 1500 over 4000 and my denisties can range from 25 to over 50 in one pass...depending on the situation and patient. Sometimes the more the better but sometimes it may not be the best choice. Over the next few months I plan on posting and sharing more how and why I approach diffent patients. I hope that patients and visitors to the forums find it helpful. I have been told I am a good teacher and have a knack for putting things in perspective . I hope that I can contribute here. The only problem is that I am so compulsive about getting things right that I can spend hours and hours on a page of text..and not finish it...Writing does not come easy to me...talking does.......However I have decided that if I am going to contribute I cannot worry about it being written perfectly. Better to contribute some even if it is not written well than not contribute at all.

Hope to be in touch soon

Ron Shapiro

Originally posted by Mahair:

A real doctor in a sea of quacks.

Waow! Something positive in a sea of negatives.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Dr Shapiro is a true professional, highly skilled and a totally great guy.

If you are reading Dr Shapiro, I am the guy you worked on in Dr Kudsen's office in Sydney in January 2004.

You are a complete champion !!