I am having the operation done,some questions..

hello everyone,I am having the operation done next week,2300 grafts by strip.I will do it at HDC(cyprus) that after some search have found to have good reputation.Everything is fine except of my fear of the incsition of donor area.I wouldn't call my self a whoose but this is different,is done with a knife!!When I told the doctor the case and asked him of details he told me that if I have desided to go for it then he probably shouldn't fill my head with details that feed my phobias,just said that I should be fine,anyway,you got the point.Is there anything I should be told by anyone who has done the op that whould help a bit?

Honestly, and I have not heard a single person say otherwise, the removal of the strip is a cakewalk. Personally, I didn't even know it had happened; I only realized it must have been done already when I heard the sound of the staples being used to close it up!

I myself didn't even hear it going on, though if you want another precaution, play some music w/ headphones in the beginning of the procedure -- you won't feel, nor hear.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yes I COMPLETELY agree with Thana...the removal of the strip is GRAVY...I had the proceudre done 2 weeks ago..and honestly i had NO headphones or anything and I couldn't hear anything or feel anything....I think you are thinking about it a little too much....If the doctor hadnt told me that he just took the strip I wouldn't have even known it had been done

Philippos,

In my opinion, it is important for you to know the details of the surgery BEFORE going under the knife.

In my opinion, it is a poor excuse for any physician to say that they don't want to go over the surgical details with you because it might scare you. In all honesty, this should tell you something!

Now don't get me wrong. I'm a 3 time hair transplant patient and for proper candidates, hair transplantation can be great.

But education is KEY so you truly understand what you are getting yourself into.

NEVER go in blindly.

That being said, I hope you won't shy away from knowledge and reask your surgeon or members of this community how strip surgery is performed.

Pictures of strip removal can also be found on this community.

I don't intend to scare you. As I said, I am a 3 time hair transplant patient and an advocate of strip surgery for those who are qualified. But KNOW the benefits, risks, and limitations before undergoing the knife!

Bill

The most painful part is the intial injection of pain medication. Afer than you cannot really feel anything. Just be prepared to sit rather still for a couple hours and relax

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

They'll give you plenty of valium to lower your anxiety and pre-surgery adrenaline, then they'll inject some local anesthesia into the are where they take the strip. You don't feel anything except when the doctor pulls the strip off after the cutting, and even then it's not pain, it's just a certain awareness that something is being removed from your head. It's nothing to worry about, and like I said they should give you plenty of valium to help you relax. Just ask for a lot of it.

Personally, I fell asleep several times during this part of the procedure. That should tell you something as to the level of discomfort.