Weight issues

anonymous man

Here is a question that may or may not have been covered before.

Now I know that we cant go start pointing fingers at any little change in our bodies, and blame any medication we are on, but it may be worth a go to ask:

Propecia / Minox use for 5 months.

I was always pretty chunky, weight wise. However, without changing diet, without changing exercise routines, I find I have jumped in weight by almost 10kgs (oh I dont know for all you Americans out there, say 22 pounds).

I am promising myself to vigorously begin an intensive exercise routine to slam off the weight.

Is it possible? Has it been heard of? Propecia and possible weight issues?

I guess I could see a correlation somewhere, i.e. playing with hormones and drugs to change testosterones etc in your body to stop hair loss etc etc etc. may result in some changes in the way your body processes and stores food?

Anyone know anything like this? Or am I just turning into a fatso because I like my McChickens too much?

All help / advice / opinions welcome.

Cheers,

anon

anonymous,

Weight gain is not listed as a potential side effect on Propecia's website.

In my opinion, correlation or not, nothing beats good old fashioned diet and exercise to lose weight. I've been on Propecia for 3.5 years and able to maintain my weight by eating right and regularly going to the gym.

Best wishes,

Bill

fair enough ....

'something', I am not making silly excuses, I am just asking if there was a link thats all

I am asking because my dietary habits have not changed, my level of exercise hasnt changed either, my life is identical to how it has been for years.

Its just that say in the past 6 months, things sort of ballooned (I am still fit and feel that i look good, its just that I am starting to feel a bit of padding)

Bill, like you say that you maintain weight / appearance by eating right and going to the gym for the past 3.5 years, so have I by doing the exact same thing

Only problem is, its not working anymore! I guess it must simply be coincidence then ...

OK my extra healthy diet starts ... tomorrow icon_smile.gif

thanks gents

PGP,

Have you read somewhere that Propecia can increase estrogen levels? If so, I'd be interested in reading it.

anonymous man,

Sticking to a healthy diet and regular exercise routine is hard work, but worth it in the long run. Good luck with that. Feel free to post your weight loss progress in our physicial fitness issues forum icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill